norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor

Re: video cards with 4 outputs

I remember reading here an active adapter might help that cause, not a standard adapter, but I was under the impression 4 ports would not work - slightly misleading to the consumer.
I'm also assuming you have not tried Eyefinity and it's particulars either in your first tests?

I think it works on these as importance and in this order:
1. Displayport
2. HDMI
3. DVI

The software allows the extra port but not true 4 ports / screens. Hence the need for the twin processor cards we were posting.
It is a little misleading thinking 4 ports will give you 4 screens all of their own resolution on these 6xxx and 7xxx series cards.

Look forward to your analysis to prove or disprove this as I've only done research and haven't the spare funds to buy and test myself.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

I kinda doubt it would be any different with Eyefinity -- seems to me the main restriction is that "there are only 2 TMDS controllers" as mentioned on the other page. I should receive my DP to VGA and DP to DVI adapters early next week, and that should make it good for 3 monitors (2x 1200x1024 portrait & 1x 1920x1200 landscape), and if I really want that 4th monitor, I can just use a PCI card. (Currently I only have space for at most 2 monitors, but in couple of months I should have much more space)

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

How are you making more space?

Multi-monitor stand mount,...?

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Moving into a bigger room that has more space and a big bench....