uniqs
share rss forum feed

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

Horrible week with GEN 4

well experienced another horrible week with GEN 4.
A month ago after the "upgrade" I got speeds over 7 meg download
according to Hughesnet.
Now after over a month , My speeds have fallen to where it can almost
be unusable at times.
Repair technician was out yesterday, and it was determined that nothing
was wrong here.
Not soon after that a I received a call from Hughes Executive Customer care,
but missed that telephone call.
So now I have to wait until monday to contact them to see what they are going to do about this mess.

Speed this morning..

12/01/2012 09:13:28 213 923
12/01/2012 09:10:29 220 895
12/01/2012 08:28:25 275 852
12/01/2012 08:22:00 479 927

Directly connected to the modem.
I have also taken the liberty of borrowing a Fluke cable tester and have verified there are no cable or patch cord issues here.

I don't know if there is anyone on here that is on beam 23
But it really sucks
--
HT1000 Beam 23

East Texas

@myvzw.com
There is an announcement about problems on the HughesNet community forum

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to pvtpilot94
HUGHESNET - The Leader in satellite broadband.. LMFAO!!!

Beam #44, which serves NE Texas.

They were down for 5 hours according to my count. Had something to do with IPGW Association and constantly failing..

Now it's up and it's still slow as always..

I have NEVER seen anywhere close to 15Mbps with the PowerMax plan and have a feeling I never will.

I'm dumping HNG4 at the end of the year and going with Verizon HomeFusion LTE. They can take their contract and shove it up their a$$e$!!! I was told that Verizon LTE is hitting around 45Mbps around my area..

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
ok good luck texasrebel(:

ImChuck

@direcway.com
reply to TexasRebel
How do I find what my beam# is? I'm located in east Texas and lost service around 4AM this morning. Gen4 service returned around 2PM!

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
Bucyrus, OH
In your browser enter..

click system information at the top.
Your beam assignment will be listed there
--
HT1000 Beam 23

Pammy Pooh

join:2012-12-01
Warren, IN
reply to pvtpilot94
Hi , when you signed up or gen 4 did they remove more out of your account than they stated ..were very scared about this .. 8 years ago or so when we first got hughes net they told us it would 200 and some odd dollars to get this service , they took about 600 out of our account ..so now were very paranoid about that ..and from what I can tell this gen 4 is no better than what we now have .. Weve had minimal problems with it but this last week has been horrible , pages won't fully load . We keep getting sat outages ..Of course they tell us nothing is wring

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
Bucyrus, OH
I think Hughes is having some MAJOR problems.
My modem went down , but is back up , but a problem is shown in the IP Gateway Association State.
Seems to be a escalating problem
--
HT1000 Beam 23

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by pvtpilot94:

I think Hughes is having some MAJOR problems.
My modem went down , but is back up , but a problem is shown in the IP Gateway Association State.
Seems to be a escalating problem

oh? I think they should just leave it the hell alone from now on, tonight my modem has not experienced any slow down however couple of hours ago it had that IPW4 issue like sara said in the HN forum page. I think IMO its just making things worse cause i can connect just perfectly now, they should not be messing with it anymore.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

East Texas

@direcway.com
reply to TexasRebel
I'm on beam 44 and had service up to 10:00 a.m. I guess it is a good thing that I left and went shopping I would have been mad. LOL

I did find this out
Good news! HomeFusion Broadband service is available at this address.
Will have to check on it for sure though cause I thought 4G was not available in my area yet.