Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

[MoP] Anyone do Landfall yet?

I did this the other night. Not a long scenario, takes maybe an hour total if that.

I started with a group of three. None of us knew what to do, as the first part requires you to build 2 defense bases. The bases are being "attacked" by two "mini" bosses. I found a base, but by then the other two guys had dropped out of the scenario. as a beast master hunter, I couldn't finish the "mini" boss off.

So I went back into the queue and the second 2 guys were more knowledgeable. The mini bosses dropped pretty quick. Then it was a matter of gather resources to build the bases, then wait for the wave of horde to be killed. Then kill the horde boss. End of scenario, get the achievement. There is a total of 3. One for the Dwarf base, one for the night elf base, and the one for horde boss.

I don't think I got anything from the horde boss, but that was fine.
Now you have Lion's landing where you can fight the horde to get horde tokens, to buy stuff. Also horde players can kill alliance npcs for tokens.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake

MVM

Yeah, did it and wished they had a manual for the Kings Patience scenario. But we got through it.

Tip: there is a portal inside the bridge of the alliance ship in the far South west corner of Krasarang which will teleport you back to the Eastern base. I'm sure the Horde airship has a similar portal.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
There's several different traps to get set up. Having the Anglers mount helps, as it makes moving across the occasional deeper water a bit easier.

Basically, you need to boost construction of the bases. Each special item you loot off a dead mob or loot from items on the ground will boost production for a time or add to construction. However, each different site takes different materials, although food and laborer's tools (tools are found right where you start) can be used on all. Minibosses don't always show up at both camps, I had one where the same camp was attacked twice.

The Pandaren brewers are probably the most annoying, as they'll fall asleep every minute, then you have to splash water on the leader - not sure if you can perk him up earlier than that. So if the other camp is attacked, if everyone goes to it, those guys are gonna fall asleep.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
did these they were fun, and the new cache is giving more loot more often i like it, much more fun than heroics

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Is there anything important that you need by getting this place done?
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Trinkets!

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Exodus

to Exodus
For Operation: Shieldwall you get gear but haven't done the scenarios yet.

496 Rings @ Honored
496 Boots @ Revered
496 Belts @ Revered
496 Trinkets @ Revered

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

Are these rewards for getting rep up or are they available for gold or VP purchase?

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

That is the rep requirement to buy them with VP.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU
Likely VP

and hay you'll get Prince rep while killing most of the mobs. Even if you don't have the revered quest yet.