uniqs

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to Chubbzie

Premium Member

to Chubbzie

Re: [E-mail] Suddenlinks POP Email Server is down.....

That I know of, there is no way to restore missed emails as they should just be returned to sender undeliverable.

Chubbzie
@suddenlink.net

Chubbzie

Anon

Oh, I was referring to previously server stored emails, folders, archives, etc. Yeah I would be highly impressed if a mailer daemon received an undeliverable response and queued it for redelivery 12 hours later... that'd be a massively almost constant queue.

Now what we customers need is an explanation as to what occurred. With all the exploitations, breaches, and personal data theft taking place these days that is definitely something to be concerned about.
payter9
join:2010-09-13
San Angelo, TX

payter9

I have been getting a few old e-mails from yesterday, one from 5am, which I got this morning, and just now one from 3pm. Now, both of them were sent from the Suddenlink domain, so I don't know if all e-mails will be re-delivered this way, or only ones that had been sent by other Suddenlink customers, and Suddenlink themselves (one was an appointment confirmation for a cable problem I had).

neonenergy
@suddenlink.net

neonenergy to Chubbzie

Anon

to Chubbzie
I lost my Suddenlink email service last Friday, November 30, but service was restored on December 1. However, all my email messages and email folders are gone. Does anyone know if and when these missing messages will be restored?
neonenergy

neonenergy

Anon

This is what the Suddenlink website said today, Monday, December 3:

If you are a Webmail or IMAP user and are missing messages in your inbox, we are aware of this problem. Unfortunately, there is no ETR; however, I can assure you that our engineers are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we get this resolved.

Neonenergy
@suddenlink.net

Neonenergy

Anon

This morning all my folders and opened emails are back! Suddenlink restored the data.
payter9
San Angelo, TX

payter9

I only had stuff in my Sent folder, and it's still empty

Chubbzie
@suddenlink.net

Chubbzie to Neonenergy

Anon

to Neonenergy
Strange, my primary account has yet to receive any restoration however one of my secondary accounts indeed has, folders, previous emails, etc. Perhaps they are having to incrementally restore based on the amount in each mailbox...
payter9
San Angelo, TX

payter9

yeah, my secondary account seems to have everything restored, and I'm waiting for my primary account to show old 'sent' items.

Neonenergy
@suddenlink.net

Neonenergy to Neonenergy

Anon

to Neonenergy
I don't believe this, now I'm missing the contents of certain folders. The messages were there only a few days ago. I thought this was all over...
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208

Issues still persist. I'm am having a heck of a time actually receiving my mail on my smartphone. The mail is there, I just can't seem to download all of it with the phone. Odd, as GMail, etc still work flawlessly