Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to CylonRed

Re: [Other] Configurable Modems (Cable / DSL)

said by CylonRed:

Because the ISP does NOT want to deal with issues when the customer has screwed up the modem.

"Customer - I didn't do anything to the modem".

Tech goes out on call -

Result

Customers screwed up the modem.

I have seen it in just the reverse.

"Customers complains to ISP about persistent network issues."

"ISP dispatches technician, after several months of reporting issues, who also cannot establish a solid connections."

"Tech provides customers new modems to satisfy network engineers."

"Replacement modems continues to have problems."

"Network engineers mystified - problems found at CO which resolve a couple issues. But problem continues and the resolution cut back speed until problem stops. Because the network is severely oversold."

Therefore it is reported as customers caused issue, but the ISP didn't have any issues. Note: Customers is plural.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

2 recommendations

No one said it could not happen in the reverse. With the DSL I have had for years I have found it painfully easy to determine if the problem is me or outside my control - ISP/CO/ILEC etc... and that can be determined by the CSR when a customer calls (at least for most people).
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
That was understood. I was simply showing that ISP's are not prefect, nor are their technicians and customers are not always the cause (as stated in your response). I am happy the CSR's you deal with can make that determination, I wish our CSR's were a competent. Yes, it is painfully easy to determine if the problem is me or outside my control. But to our ISP the customer is almost always considered considered irrelevant.