dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

teletone
join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

teletone

Re: [Rant] Staples.ca - that wasn't easy for me!

just an update: customer service didn't get back to me like they said they would and staples never posted my review. also, gojo didn't reply to my inquiry yet. also, staples is still selling the product on its website despite that CSR told me there would be no unexpired stock until january.

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug

Anon

Do everything people stated to you starting tonight:

1. Ellen Roseman
»www.ellenroseman.com/

2. Health Canada

3. Ad Standards Canada, they break a few codes.
»www.adstandards.com/en/

4. Whatever Consumer protect agency exists in Ontario. And if they will touch this one, aside from a refund that isn't as advertized.

I would do them all and give them grief. Ad Standards Canada will be a slam dunk if what you said is true.

Don't forget to tell all these entities that you were offered a refund, but instead you want the product that is offered. Not this bait and switch to old past-date defective garbage.

horsey
@eastlink.ca

horsey to teletone

Anon

to teletone
said by teletone:

just an update: customer service didn't get back to me like they said they would and staples never posted my review. also, gojo didn't reply to my inquiry yet. also, staples is still selling the product on its website despite that CSR told me there would be no unexpired stock until january.

I have found that asking about a MSDS sheet can work wonders.

ALSO if it was my job to do that for you YOU can bet your last dollar that I would bitch to my employer.

It is late on the east coast....BEST of luck.

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug

Anon

yeah, but in this case i doubt there will be anything wrong with it. his skin isn't going to fall of. At most alcohol volumes may drop. But, the products effectiveness, *as advertized*, is based on the concentrations of alcohol. The active ingredient. Which is why, among other things, this isn't right. It's also a reason why it has an expiry date, alcohol content may be diminished to the point where their "claims" to the public may no longer hold true.

Normally you would do validation, which i'm sure this company and the previous owners of this product have done. After-all, they tout this product as meeting FDA spec's. FDA specs would require validation data for the expired product. Which again, I would think it would fail since it has an expiry date. If validation data proved it didn't, then they wouldn't need the date. Or, they could increase the date based on the validation data.

Anyhow, this guy has more than enough info to arm himself and make of it what he wishes to make of it.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict to Shrug

to Shrug
I hear where you are coming from. I'm tired of companies trying to pan off expired products. They keep selling it because some people don't check. If you do catch them, there's no penalty on their end, so why would they stop?

Post it on their Facebook wall, on Twitter or anywhere else where you can get some visibility to the company and to the public. It might get the company moving to rein in the PR damage. Worst case scenario you might raise the awareness of the general public so less people fall for this douchebag tactic.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by ruddypict:

Post it on their Facebook wall, on Twitter or anywhere else where you can get some visibility to the company and to the public. It might get the company moving to rein in the PR damage. Worst case scenario you might raise the awareness of the general public so less people fall for this douchebag tactic.

You'd probably get much better results if you took it to the Office of the President (or whatever Staples call it) before starting a flamefest all over the intarwebs.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict

said by Gone:

said by ruddypict:

You'd probably get much better results if you took it to the Office of the President (or whatever Staples call it) before starting a flamefest all over the intarwebs.

That's a nice strawman but I don't recall saying "start a flamefest". If you post an angry troll rant, you won't get far; if you send an angry troll rant to the president of the company, you won't get far either.

Stick to facts, bring awareness, don't call names. Be professional. Good advice to get a good result whether you are posting to their social media OR dealing with their president.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by ruddypict:

That's a nice strawman but I don't recall saying "start a flamefest". If you post an angry troll rant, you won't get far; if you send an angry troll rant to the president of the company, you won't get far either.
Stick to facts, bring awareness, don't call names. Be professional. Good advice to get a good result whether you are posting to their social media OR dealing with their president.

Something that is factual is not a straw argument. Crying about an issue to the media before climbing the ladder of escalation up to an including the office of the President and excluding the chance to give the company a chance to rectify it internally is a dickhead thing to do. The company will *never* work with you ever again. End of story.
Expand your moderator at work