uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to rabeatz

Re: Using CableCard/HDhomerun Prime? Feedback Wanted

OK here it goes.

For those of you BHN TV subscribers this solution requires a Set top box DVR or HD Converter will do, next you'll need the Hauppauge HD PVR »www.hauppauge.com/site/products/···pvr.html »www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-De···s=hd+pvr. Next download the latest Drivers form here »www.hauppauge.com/site/support/s···pvr.html. Now there's two way's of integrating the HD PVR with Windows Media Center 7 one is here »www.hauppauge.com/pdfs/hdpvr_col···uide.pdf and two is here »1geek1tool.com/hdpvr/download. I have tried both the solutions the one form hauppauge works but is not reliable the second will cost you an extra $39.99 but is kind of tricky to setup but once done properly it is rock solid stable has the cabability to integrate 4 hauppauge HD PVRs. For you Linux Folks there is MythTV for the HD PVR »www.mythtv.org/wiki/Index.php/Ha···e_HD-PVR.

With this Solution You don't need to be worried about CCI Flag's or Premium Channel's or Copy Freely etc. Yes there is quiet a bit of setup work and troubleshooting but once done there is No DRM No cable cards with tuning adapters the set-top has those built in. If anyone has any Questions please feel free to ask.

Happy New Year !

rabeatz

join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL
Interesting workaround.. but then you've only got 1 tuner available, per hauppage PVR and set top box combination, correct? For me personally it wouldn't be worth the effort/money.

But I'm sure that others appreciate the info. I wasn't aware of the HD PVR.

bigdaddy

said by rabeatz:

Interesting workaround.. but then you've only got 1 tuner available, per hauppage PVR and set top box combination, correct? For me personally it wouldn't be worth the effort/money.

But I'm sure that others appreciate the info. I wasn't aware of the HD PVR.

Yes that's Correct. Also you can Record free and Premium VOD. You can capture video content manually with the included arcsoft total media software or have windows 7 media center do it for you. Look at it this way if you want DRM Free Recording's Go with the hauppage HD PVR. Remember If you go with BHN's cable card and tuning adapter All your recording's will be Encrypted except Local's .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
Of course we aren't going to discuss DRM circumvention methods here right BD? Makes my eye twitch a bit and I get that uneasy feeling in my stomach... Everything is fair game as long we don't cross that line

bigdaddy

3 edits
Ah gotta love disclaimers. LOL

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to rabeatz
LOL

bighorn1

join:2004-06-19
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Of course we aren't going to discuss DRM circumvention methods here right BD? Makes my eye twitch a bit and I get that uneasy feeling in my stomach... Everything is fair game as long we don't cross that line

Technically, this is not DRM circumvention since analog outputs like component video have none and is perfectly legal.

Because it is legal, companies like Hauppauge can sell products which allow recordings over analog connections without being slammed by lawsuits.

Circumventing (breaking) HDPC encryption over digital connections (HDMI/DVI) is illegal though.

bigdaddy

said by bighorn1:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Technically, this is not DRM circumvention since analog outputs like component video have none and is perfectly legal.

Because it is legal, companies like Hauppauge can sell products which allow recordings over analog connections without being slammed by lawsuits.

Circumventing (breaking) HDPC encryption over digital connections (HDMI/DVI) is illegal though.

The main reason I purchesed the HD PVR was to off load recordings from BHNs HD DVR. at that time the HD DVRs capacity was only 160GB so it filled up very quickly. Also the E-SATA port is now Disabled so the HD PVR really comes in handy now.