Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to burris

Premium Member

to burris

Re: [General] Free Temporary upgrade

said by burris:

Sure sounds weird.

I wonder what's going on with them? Totally out of character.

Sounds to me like an excuse to kill grandfathered free static IP addresses. This is an account change, and that is all that is required to cause AT&T to drop the free grandfathered static IP address.

Also it is a meaningless gesture if the customer is already receiving the fastest service that their connection will support. If I still had my 3 mbps circuits, there would be no way that AT&T could increase the sync rate without installing an RT based DSLAM (not likely to happen). The laws of physics still apply no matter what some marketing guy declares.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

But in my case they could.

Tried 6mps a while back, and it was kind of flaky... but thought of giving it a try again, maybe Uverse development improved things... but no longer an option.

And OK I hear well take UVERSE then.... well if they would sell just the internet at a reasonable cost I would. But I am happy with Sat TV and cheap basic POTS service I have no need of their everything and the kitchen sink too bundling which is the ONLY way UVERSE is reasonable.

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

If I were paying full price( which I'm not ) for DSL, I could go on UVerse at no additional cost...same price as my naked DSL I now have.

With each requisite 6 month call I make to them to keep the discounted price on my DSL, they make me this offer...but at the full DSL price.

I mentioned in an earlier post that they are telling me DSL is going away and very shortly, everyone will be on UVerse with or without need for bundling.

Not a chance that we ordinary mortals will win.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Granted, but that iss what it will take I don't in anyway the bundle or higher stand alone cost.... they kill DSL and no equivalent option might (GASP) go to cable HSI despite it horrid storm resistance.