Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maximusqb

join:2005-02-21

1 edit
reply to maximusqb

Re: TW charging for my own modem scam

First, thank you for all the helpful replies. I was unable to get it sorted by phone. So I'm going to try bringing everything into the the TW office when I get a chance, which is difficult with my work schedule working nights and a lot of overtime, and hopefully get it resolved then. Not too happy that I have to waste more of my time to sort out an issue that never should have happened in the first place. I Had about a 25 minute wait on the phone before I could even get a person to talk to at TW and then another 10 minutes of talking and there is nothing they could do. Then I had to dig around in my attic looking through boxes for another 20 minutes to find the Motorola packaging which luckily had the receipt inside. I've Been thinking of ditching the TW service anyway and this experience may be the straw that broke the camel back. It could be a week or two before I get a chance to get to the TW office, but I will post the results of the visit.

Hob or other: I am curious though, why would the tech who was in our house and another on the phone claim that my Motorola 5100 modem was not compatible with Adelphia? Not sure how they would come to that conclusion as i've had this modem all the while with Adelphia and then TW. It feels like they are calling me a liar or just stupid when I know better than them.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

"Hob or other: I am curious though, why would the tech who was in our house and another on the phone claim that my Motorola 5100 modem was not compatible with Adelphia? Not sure how they would come to that conclusion as i've had this modem all the while with Adelphia and then TW."

The 5100 was a very popular model with Adelphia. I have no idea what they were talking about.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

maximusqb

join:2005-02-21

That's is what and remember reading from this forum how reliable that modem was and it is the main reason I went out out bought it. Thanks Hob