BryceS

join:2007-09-17
Vanier, ON
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Bob Anderson

Re: [Ottawa] Finding Place To Live

said by Bob Anderson:

I didn't mention it in my previous post but I must say if you secured a position with the BoC for next April at the age of 22 you are doing bloody good!

It is still surreal with the offer. I've had to nearly stop drinking to get my grades high enough. Sad, sad day.

The hardest interview of my life with programming exercises etc.

I'm graduating with enough assets to have a strong down payment on a 300K condo but an equal amount of debt, so net worth of zero.

hm

@videotron.ca
Well, you could always use this opportunity to indeed buy something and sell a year later if you put blood sweat and tears into it. You don't *have* to sell, but could even rent it out. Be it directed to business people or students.

Prices aren't going to come down in the nations capitol, and they aren't that out of control like in Toronto. Well the taxes are out of control in the nations capitol compared to outside the capitol. That much is true.

*IF* you aren't blowing hot air, you may indeed want to look into this.

Since you are with a bank, you should be able to get some inside info on foreclosures, for the area you're in. In Quebec, before it changed, this was the thing to do.

BryceS

join:2007-09-17
Vanier, ON
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
said by hm :

Well, you could always use this opportunity to indeed buy something and sell a year later if you put blood sweat and tears into it. You don't *have* to sell, but could even rent it out. Be it directed to business people or students.

Prices aren't going to come down in the nations capitol, and they aren't that out of control like in Toronto. Well the taxes are out of control in the nations capitol compared to outside the capitol. That much is true.

*IF* you aren't blowing hot air, you may indeed want to look into this.

Since you are with a bank, you should be able to get some inside info on foreclosures, for the area you're in. In Quebec, before it changed, this was the thing to do.

The problem with buying/selling is the realtor, legal, and closing costs can chew out any possible capital gain on the real estate. To believe that an asset can only go up in value is not within my mindset.

I'm not with a commercial or investment bank and my department doesn't deal with local issues, so I doubt I'd have access to look up data easily.
Expand your moderator at work