spc
uniqs
Bob99
join:2001-12-07
Teaneck, NJ

Bob99 to ddecan

to ddecan

Re: Actiontec Rev I...Wireless connections

The following is from the FAQs on the Actiontec web site.

How many simultaneous connections does a Actiontec Router or Modem allow?
It varies from 190 to 254, depending on the product and the firmware. The GT704WGs that have the Verizon firmware loaded, have a limit of 190. The R7000M-2A is limited to 252, and all of the remaining Actiontec Routers and modems have a limit of 254. However, it is good to keep in mind that each computer added to the network will reduce the bandwidth available to the existing network computers. It is recommended to limit the number of connections to 45, but this number can vary depending on the activities of the network computers. For example, downloading MP3s, ISOs, or other large files, require much more bandwidth than checking email or simple Web browsing. If the network is Hosting Web, FTP or Gaming severs the limit for the number of network connections may be much lower.

Is there a limit to the number of Wireless connections, that the Actiontec Wireless Router or Modem will allow?
There is no limit on the number of wireless connections, but there is a limit to the amount of traffic or bandwidth that can pass through the Actiontec. It is good to keep in mind that each computer added to the network will reduce the bandwidth available to the existing network computers. It is recommended to limit the number of connections to 45, but this number can vary depending on the activities of the network computers. For example, downloading MP3s, ISOs, or other large files, require much more bandwidth than checking email or simple Web browsing. If the network is Hosting Web, FTP or Gaming severs the limit for the number of network connections may be much lower.

Link to the FAQs: »www.actiontec.com/suppor ··· id=41#qa
ddecan
join:2010-04-23
Tarpon Springs, FL

ddecan

Thank you for the info. I looked on the FAQs here but didn't see anything pertaining to what I was looking for. Didn't think about looking on actiontec's site.