spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

This Crap Is Ridiculous

I don't agree with piracy but it's insane for victims to seek satisfaction from anyone but the person who actually made them a victim.

Public transportation enables crooks to travel from point A to point B, commit a crime and then return with the loot. Is public transportation being held responsible?

The telephone system can be used to make illegal gambling bets, has it been held responsible for enabling the crime?

The mail system can be used to send instructions and money to someone who them commits a crime. Is the mail system held responsible?

Electricity can be used to power the drill that puts a hole in the safe (I know -- classic Hollywood scene) and rob the bank. Is the electric company held responsible?

IMO the biggest problem is what we do on-line shouldn't be tracked without due process granting "wire tap" permission to record our "conversation". Yes, that includes the Google's of the world that try to profile you. If you want to login to Google first and you agree to be tracked for mutual benefit, fine. Otherwise, what my IP does on-line should not be tracked in any database.

I know such an approach makes it harder to catch the bad elements in our society but it's just insane to try to make the entire system responsible for what folks do with it. If we had more protection of what seems like a reasonable right to privacy, it seems like a lot of this noise would disappear.

Does the post office keep track of every piece of mail to and from your mailbox and sell it to someone that tries to profile you?

I know the phone company tracks calls but that should stop too. There's no need to track phone calls if you have an unlimited plan.