Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

auggy
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON
kudos:18
reply to MikeC578

Re: [WIN7] BSOD and the Minidump... how to analyze it?

Also, try in the BIOS "Load BIOS Default Settings" to reverse any potential automatic overclocking of the processor.

MikeC578

join:2012-11-30
Mississauga, ON
You were right... the SSD (identified as a SCSI disk in the BIOS) was indeed plugged into one of the Marvell ports. I switched it to one of the Intell ports, reset the BIOS to default settings (it was only overclocked 3%) and have been working away on video, rendering, etc - no BSOD yet... keeping my friggin' fingers crossed
--
Mike C

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
You will also find that the Intel SSD Toolkit will now function as it should. TRIM support will also work properly as well.

MikeC578

Mississauga, ON
indeed - should update the firmware... also, now in the BIOS the SSD is identified as ATA...
--
Mike C

MikeC578

Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

been purring like a tomcat in a creamery alllllll day... seems that Marvell port is a little flaky...
--
Mike C

MikeC578

Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

To auggy and trparky - thanx guys for the troubleshooting... haven't had a bsod since I switched the sata cable to the intell port and was able to optimize and 'defrag' the ssd thru toolkit... still keeping my fingers crossed tho and will report back in a couple of days...
all the best!
--
Mike C

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
Good to hear.