spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

torobull123

join:2009-06-20
reply to torobull123

Re: Bricked WRT54GL v1.1. Toronto repair shop?

said by torobull123:

would anyone recommend this for a n00b?

»www.ebay.ca/itm/JTAG-Cable-Links···0wt_1397

The seller says that his provides a super easy De-bricking Repair guide.

What do you think?

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13

I have his kit. It is easy for me, but I'm quite used to fiddling with embedded systems and firmware, and soldering. As in, that's a big part of what I do for a living.

torobull123

join:2009-06-20

1 edit

said by mlord:

I have his kit. It is easy for me, but I'm quite used to fiddling with embedded systems and firmware, and soldering. As in, that's a big part of what I do for a living.

Can you tell me the software that is used with this package?

Did it work for you?

Will this work in the case that i flashed the router with the WRONG firmware. As the tjtag method only seems to do a nvram reset and not a firmware .bin reflash.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

said by torobull123:

Can you tell me the software that is used with this package? Did it work for you?

Will this work in the case that i flashed the router with the WRONG firmware. As the tjtag method only seems to do a nvram reset and not a firmware .bin reflash?

The JTAG can be used to debrick anything that got messed up, EXCEPT if the processor has been overclocked incorrectly --> recovering from that is trickier, because the clock speed is set very very early during initialization. It is possible though, by shorting pins on the flash chip temporarily.

I think I used tjtag3-0-1 under Linux. The MS-Windows version didn't work as well when I tried it. This was all 2 years ago.