how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TelusFW

join:2011-04-06
kudos:7

Actiontec V1000H NCS firmware with A2pv6C035f.d22c DSL PHY

Hello friendly users, and a gracious "f*ck you" to the team that continues to cripple the V1000H at ESLUT in Edmonton.

So, turns out you guys went back on your promise for bridged mode on the V1000H and continue to make our lives difficult. Maybe if you guys weren't so busy sh*t talking people on these forums you'd do your jobs.

I present you with the Actiontec NCS V1000H firmware with the DSL PHY (A2pv6C035f.d22c) from 31.30L.55.

V1000H_HTTP-Upgrade_NCS_31.30L.33-A2pv6C035f.d22c.rar (6.05MB) md5: 98BD19B239FB160911DBB1CD85392158

No warranty provided, as per usual.

Much love,

-TelusFW
The future is friendly. TEAM TELUS and the TEAM MACHINE live on in our hearts. FIFOtel.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2

is this better than the original V1000H_HTTP-Upgrade_NCS_31.30L.33.img?

what does the A2pv6C035f.d22c DSL PHY do?

thanks

Bauwoo

join:2003-12-07
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw

4 edits
reply to TelusFW

Just uploaded it to my V1000H. Confirmed Working. The firmware imo is much faster and responsive than any official Telus release including the "modded" .48. My Optik Internet and Optik TV are fulling functional. When I was on .48 there was a little PVR lag with talkback between it and the V1000H on the .48 CFW. None anymore thanks to this CFW.

Thank you TelusFW. Much appreciated.

Mike_C

join:2007-07-19
Vancouver, BC
reply to TelusFW

said by TelusFW:

Hello friendly users, and a gracious "f*ck you" to the team that continues to cripple the V1000H at ESLUT in Edmonton.

Edmonton? Try Vancouver. That's where Telus has had most of their stuff for years now that deals with decision making.

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to TelusFW

So is this essentially the unbranded Actiontec firmware then with bridging available?

Thanks for making quality firmwares available instead of the shit Telus provides by default!

Cartel
Premium
Chilliwack, BC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
·TELUS

said by WhosTheBosch:

So is this essentially the unbranded Actiontec firmware then with bridging available?

Thanks for making quality firmwares available instead of the shit Telus provides by default!

It's been available for awhile...bridging works fine on it too.

»www.actiontec.com/support/produc···&typ=all

2011-05-04

ballproblems

@telus.net
reply to TelusFW

I thought there was suppose to be 4 balls? Maybe thats a different telus van, the one i saw had blacked out tinted windows, big wheels 24's I think allumanum wheels.

kylez

join:2009-03-26
reply to TelusFW

Fantastic as always! I was starting to get a bit worried that we would never see another update.

Thanks!

StarBuck

join:2011-01-16
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to Cartel

Sindows7 ,

A2pv6C035f.d22c DSL PHY is basically an updated PHYsical layer ( Hardware) driver BLOB . As it's closed source ( Broadcom , BC6368 SoC) I have no idea what specific updates are in it, but you get things like updated PHyR .. etc. All the stuff you need , at the bit level, to send bits around the world.

Later versions are generally better ie ( there's always the risk of bugs creeping in) , I have 35m running in my HG612 as opposed to 35f that is in this firmware version. Now that TelusFW has provided a full img, I'm swapping the blob to the newer one , just to see if it makes any difference

Ternerito

join:2002-08-31
Delta, BC
reply to TelusFW

Thanks TelusFW. Is this worth replacing a bridged stock v.55 firmware?

Expand your moderator at work

Bauwoo

Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw
reply to Ternerito

Re: Actiontec V1000H NCS firmware with A2pv6C035f.d22c DSL PHY

If you have stock .55 with bridge, then you're a lucky bastard. Stick with stock. You will have less bugs than CFW's do but I will say that TelusFW's CFW for the V1000H has the least amount of bugs, and right now I can't spot anything with it so I'm a happy camper. You're putting your V1000H into bridge mode meaning you won't be using it for anything else so just leave it alone and enjoy what you got.

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
reply to TelusFW

I'm going to try this on my neglected Actiontec and see how well it plays along with my Optik 50.

Cheers for providing this.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

Expand your moderator at work

AnonDSLGuy

@telus.net
reply to Mike_C

Re: Actiontec V1000H NCS firmware with A2pv6C035f.d22c DSL PHY

said by Mike_C:

said by TelusFW:

Edmonton? Try Vancouver. That's where Telus has had most of their stuff for years now that deals with decision making.

All of the wireline R&D (including CPE) is done in Edmonton, not Vancouver.

GhostM

@telus.net

I have been using this firmware for over a year now, never had any issues.

If I switch to the new turbo 50 however, will this firmware still work?

Bauwoo

Yes.

WhosTheBosch

reply to TelusFW

Is the un/pw the same as Telus? Could someone message me the info? Thanks.

amorak

join:2011-03-12
reply to TelusFW

How can I return to telus FW? This seems to be reaking havok on my second router, running as a wireless access point...

Cartel
Premium
Chilliwack, BC
reply to TelusFW

when using this firmware with bridge mode, should I disable the NAT?
I'm having problems with connections staying open when they have been closed on the computer.

amorak

join:2011-03-12
reply to TelusFW

I am running the custom stock-firmware for the V1000H from here...

I set port forwarding for port 20003 to my internal IP, yet when I test it externally, it's actively refused.... How can I get port forwarding to work properly?

jh

@74.198.150.x
reply to TelusFW

I upgraded my firmware, and now the network is asking for a wireless password. I've tried my previous password (which I was using before upgrading the FW) and also the default password that's written on the modem itself. Am I missing something?

WhosTheBosch

said by jh :

I upgraded my firmware, and now the network is asking for a wireless password. I've tried my previous password (which I was using before upgrading the FW) and also the default password that's written on the modem itself. Am I missing something?

If you upgraded the firmware the wireless settings would be completely changed and would be the default firmware ones. You'll need to login and change them. If you know the admin user/pass please PM it to me.

rewrite2

join:2008-06-29
kudos:1

I got in the other day, if i remember correctly, the default username/password for this firmware is admin/admin.

Teletech1663

join:2012-12-05
Edmonton, AB
reply to TelusFW

Why are you with Telus if you hate them so much?

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to TelusFW

Does anyone know what the default wireless key is for this firmware?
My router (initially a modified 31.30L.48) changed the wireless name to "ActiontecV1000H(0280)" and the wireless key.
Please let me know what the default wireless key is (you may PM me if you want).
Here is some additional information:
The security type is WPA2-PSK
Router is using 802.11n
Thanks!

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC
reply to Teletech1663

Perhaps because he hates them a little less than the alternatives. The issue here is not whether you hate Telus or not. The issue is that a lot of Telus users are not particularly favourable toward the crap hardware / firmware that Telus forces us to use.

Cartel
Premium
Chilliwack, BC
reply to Cartel

said by Cartel:

when using this firmware with bridge mode, should I disable the NAT?

anyone?

chazmosis

join:2012-08-02
Surrey, BC

Unless this router is a bigger pile than I've heard, turning on Bridge Mode by default disables all router features, including NAT. Thus why you would need your own router.

WhosTheBosch

said by chazmosis:

Unless this router is a bigger pile than I've heard, turning on Bridge Mode by default disables all router features, including NAT. Thus why you would need your own router.

This. NAT only is active when routing is involved. By turning on bridge mode you're disabling routing.