[TWC] DNS Lookup Issues
Lately, I've been having a very odd problem with my desktop. Ever since I moved a few weeks ago, I keep getting this "DNS lookup" error when I try to load web pages. Here are some of the symptons/relevant information regarding the problem:
The issue: When I try to load web pages/surf the net, my browser says that it's having a "DNS lookup" problem (see #5 & 6 below) and won't load web pages or do so VERY slowly (usually the former).
1) When I moved, I changed internet service to Time Warner Cable.
2) My XBox 360 (XBox Live) & work laptop can connect to the net for gaming and work just fine.
3) I tried 4 different land line cables and the same issue still presents itself. Additionally, tried wired vs. wireless, and the issue still remains.
4) On my PC, I can play online games just fine w/ no connection issues.
5) The problem occurs on both browsers I have (Google Chrome or Internet Explorer).
6) I tried the fixes that Google Chrome recommends, but to no avail.
7) The issue happens ~90% of the time. There are some times when my computer will start loading pages again, but then will stop shortly thereafter.
8) This didn't happen before I moved/switched to Time Warner Cable.
Does anyone out there have any advice on how this problem can be fixed?