how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

krwest

join:2006-01-14
Lake, MI

Slower than dialup

Last 4 or 5 days during daylight hours system has been slower than dialup. Mail seems fine both incoming and out bound. Early morning( after 5 before 8) fast as usual. Have checked control panel all looks good there, not over available usage, no red X's. Any ideas? signal is normal 78/79.
--
Hughesnet/isp.com/HN7000/Satmex5/1050,3 desktops( 1 XP,2 Vista) ,3 laptops,static dish,1 portable dish

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

Real slow here also. 91W @ 985

theGhostPony

join:2009-07-31
Lexington, KY
reply to krwest

Been ok every evening all week after I get home from work at 8pm. Yesterday was good. Today we're in the toilet, worse than dial-up. System is all green check marks across the board too.

95west @ 1120
--
HughesNet: We promise nothing. We guarantee nothing. We stand by nothing.

wa5sox1

join:2007-07-09

1 edit
reply to krwest

Same here, MUCH slower than dialup, barely managed to get signed in here. ... Some pages load quickly, but most are Very slow, if loading at all. ... System stats look good, ALL green. ... Turbopage teardowns don't have any effect. ... Just plain slow. One instance of the slowdown last night, but this is lasting a long time today. ... VERY BAD!!! Hope this posts.

Edit to add, Windows Media streams just fine. Hope they fix this soon, seems to be affecting more than one satellite.

93W/1272 --
G25, 93W, 1272, SOHO, .98/2Wt, Gateway 67.44.65.99

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to krwest

And you all think your the only ones? Us with that so called Gen4 have some issues as well, nothin will stay online, downlink seems to be broken for all Gen4 users till Hughes fixes it.. Allowance keeps resetting back to full in a strange way, bonus bytes hours are still unlimited.. What the %$&@ is going on?? Plus theres a bunch of people over on the community page complaining about service (people that never complained before)

This is honestly got to be the worst company in history.. someone should put it in the record book because i think Hughesnet done beat all the other horrible provider company's.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

theGhostPony

Lexington, KY

Ouch! Glad I decided to stick with my HN7000Sux. Wasn't aware of the Gen4 issues until I logged in this morning (been away from the forum for a spell).
--

diablo1892

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

If i were you i would'nt upgrade, just a few hours ago it started raining (just sprinkling) and the modem started spitting out atleast 10 completely different problem state codes and it was all leading to the weather we had, everythings fine now but it really makes me mad cause now i won't know if we will have a problem on our end or if its just the weather. I never had this issue with the HN7000, 7000 just told me "not recieveing signal" while Gen4 modem tells you a list. and yeah the community page has really filled up over the past week or two, alot of people are'nt getting service right now, its bad.

I wonder if Hughes can fix just 1 simple little task fix..?
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

krwest

Lake, MI
reply to theGhostPony

Have single computer connected to modem. Looks like it's a system wide problem. Get tired of these slowdowns, especially all day long. Was thinking of getting on roof to check connections there, but as stated earlier mail seems to function fine.
--
Hughesnet/isp.com/HN7000/Satmex5/1050,3 desktops( 1 XP,2 Vista) ,3 laptops,static dish,1 portable dish

theGhostPony

Lexington, KY

Yeah, single computer here too. Wireless disabled so nobody else is sucking bandwidth but me.
--

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to krwest

I have never seen Hughesnet THIS bad !

Hughesnet seems to be in some kind of denial. If you post a negative on the "official website" they delete it. If you post again you are blocked from posting.
If you call them you can't understand them as they read off the scripts, perhaps to get escalated to tier XXXX for a call that won't be returned.

It doesn't seem to be confined to a single platform.

It really has come to the point that these people are taking money under false pretenses.

They need to stop putting on new customers and start taking care of the people they have.

There was a network notice re: gen4 and it being resolved. Typical Hughesnet, fix one item, ignore all the others.

How do you spell competition.....Exede ?

diablo1892

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

said by gwalk:

I have never seen Hughesnet THIS bad !

Hughesnet seems to be in some kind of denial. If you post a negative on the "official website" they delete it. If you post again you are blocked from posting.
If you call them you can't understand them as they read off the scripts, perhaps to get escalated to tier XXXX for a call that won't be returned.

It doesn't seem to be confined to a single platform.

It really has come to the point that these people are taking money under false pretenses.

They need to stop putting on new customers and start taking care of the people they have.

There was a network notice re: gen4 and it being resolved. Typical Hughesnet, fix one item, ignore all the others.

How do you spell competition.....Exede ?

Wonder if this says anything:
11.1.4, 1, 26
12.3.1, 403, 868
12.3.2, 686 2290
12.3.3, 44 99
12.3.4, 188 917
12.4.1, 74 96
12.6.2, 962 1160
13.1.1, 0 49
20.1.1, 97 1115
20.2.1, 0 35
21.1.4, 0 60
21.1.5, 3 130
21.2.1, 0 12
21.2.2, 0 1
23.1.1, 0 25
30.1.1, 7 3403
30.2.2, 1 205
--

wa5sox1

reply to krwest

HN-7000S users still having problems? ... Some sites load quickly, but most VERY slowly. ... Pings to NOC router vary wildly, from 650-3800 ms, the same to websites. Then the pings will level off, but speeds are still slow.

Online speedtests like this one >> »speedtest.niu.edu/ --

wa5sox1

reply to krwest

HN-7000S users still having problems? ... Some sites load quickly, but most VERY slowly. ... Pings to NOC router vary wildly, from 650-3800 ms, the same to websites. Then the pings will level off, but speeds are still slow.

Online speedtests like this one »speedtest.niu.edu/ show speeds are good as well as the pings. Hughes speedtests and web response gave me good marks, 800-1100 down and response less than 5 seconds.

Windows Media does stream correctly. ... I've tried turbopage teardowns (many) and that doesn't help. ... Just really bad performance that started today for me.
--

krwest

Lake, MI
reply to krwest

Wife has been online for about an hour and speed is back. After reading posts I reconnected wireless and other computers. It must be a Hughesnet system problem. Course they don't want anything negative on their forum, looks bad for new customers.
--

wa5sox1

reply to krwest

Speed is back, but still having some issues here. ... Now unable to sign into Yahoo Messenger. Getting message that I am not connected to the internet. ... Tried bypassing router, then resetting everything to no avail.
--

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to krwest

I think they need to rip out their current web acceleration and go with the Accelenet system that Exede uses. Web response has gone to the damn dogs lately.. Then you had a 5 hour outage over some IPGW association.

I can't believe how bad HNG4 has turned out.. Are they even using Echostar 17 for HNG4 or are they using some surplus piece of space junk to bounce signals off of??

krwest

Lake, MI
reply to krwest

Happened again today after 8:30 am. Dead slow. On dial up now, wife on hughes. She sits and I'm doing better than normal on our dialup. Hughes needs to get their _ _ _ _ in order.
--

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to krwest

OK here (yet) on 91W.

krwest

Lake, MI
reply to krwest

Lasted till about 9 am today. Wife was on and all of a sudden site wouldn't load. Would it matter to call Hughes? On dial up again.
--

krwest

Lake, MI
reply to krwest

Had to call hughes because couldn't log in to account, refused both current password and new one Hughes issued. phone number wasn't correct for account either, that was "changed" back in May. Got issued new password, was able to log on to account but took forever. then did one computer trick, bad router idea, that didn't help. So "supposedly bumped" to next level. Ha ha!! Just shut modem down, went on roof and checked connections, clean as day put up, and restarted modem. Right now working okay. Maybe??????
--