Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jcims

join:2008-07-07
Marysville, OH

[Embarq] CL equipment showing sync with no equipment plugged in

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to sort out an outage that's been going on for ~4 days now. Basically I'm getting no DSL light at the house, yet the CenturyLink support reps are reporting that the equpiment is showing a sync. I replaced the modem with a netgear DSL modem and the same thing is continuing. Last night I completely detached the modem and the rep still said she was seeing a sync.

This seems somewhat atypical. Is it likely to be something on our end or at CL's end? They are doing a dispatch on Monday but I'm not going to be able to provide any access to the demarc until later in the week, so I'm just hoping they will be able to resolve it on their end. If this is likely an issue inside the home, i'm going to need to get a 3G option or something for the next few days (business reasons).

Thanks

whatthehell

@embarqhsd.net

Re: [Embarq] CL equipment showing sync with no equipment plugged

While on the phone with the rep you said you disconnected the modem and he saw sync stayed up; then he saw you had a bad port on the DSLAM.

Simple fix, tech goes to DSLAM. tests, calls assignment and get new port, wires you to new port and tests again.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to jcims

Hi,

If you still need help with your DSL service email us your account and contact numbers TalkToUs@centurylink.com

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@centurylink.com

Ctltech

@qwest.net
reply to jcims
It's on the wrong port in the CO or at the remote!