spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bob123

@verizon.net

Chinese amplifiers on Ebay, any good?

Hi, does anyone know if these Chinese wifi amplifiers on ebay are any good? They are more powerful and cost less than the other brands like Shireen, L-Comm, etc. I found a 4 watt one for $100.

thewisperer
Premium
join:2008-01-16

not sure you will get too many nice replies on 4 watt amps

why in the world would you need one? building a new microwave oven???

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to bob123

Yea thats my question too, why in this world would you need one?

Most applications this thing is illegal to even turn on in the USA.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

bob123

@cox.net
reply to thewisperer

I'm setting up a robot to control remotely at my grandmother's house out in the country, so I need to have a good connection between it and the house. I just ordered a couple 1 watt Hypertech amplifiers so I guess I won't be using any more powerful ones from China. I decided it was more important to have something reliable since I only go there about once a year.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

Ridiculously high power output has absolutely nothing to do with reliability, actually it's almost completely the opposite.

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08
reply to bob123

If you want reliability with your robot use 27mhz or 900mhz a 2.4ghz amp will not help you in any meaningful way.

jim_p_price7

join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK
reply to bob123

The only thing you'll do with a 4 watt amp is f*ck up legitimate transmissions all around you.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to bob123

Oh wow. Sorry Bob but that's wrong on so many levels. Not to mention illegal. Country or not.

You want to do that right? Set up multiple access points and do a semi-roaming style setup. Don't have the money for that... Too bad.

Your intentions may be good, but your method will get you nothing but flamed here. This is precisely a great example of asshattery that fucks up many of our days in this field. Nobody wants to do a job right (Or doesn't like the price tag) so they figure they can do it cheaply or easily by bending the rules... And then causing a seriously bad day for everyone around them (Again country or not, I don't care!)

Sorry dude, but that's a bad idea, and you're not going to get anything really helpful in here asides from giving you ideas of how NOT to do what you're doing.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18

+1... vox will you marry me ?