Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Gabe

Premium Member

to TSI Gabe

Re: New transit from TATA?

said by TSI Gabe:

both and wanted to bring in a tier 1 provider in the mix. There's quite a few changes on the transit side coming up. We will be bringing up our own node in New York likely within the next 3-4 months and changing up a few other transit providers (which I won't get into details yet). As we grow in size it's making more and more sense for us to become our own transit provider.

Sounds good. Keeping the capacity up on the transit side will mean we have good confidence in the core TSI network. So with the new node in NYC we'll see traffic go further on TSI's own network before it's handed off to other peers or transit providers?
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

Seriously? I work with TATA on a daily basis, and they can't even move a portable database from one server to the next -- they are running a transport for Tek now?
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by bdoyledimou:

Seriously? I work with TATA on a daily basis, and they can't even move a portable database from one server to the next -- they are running a transport for Tek now?

TATA is a big company with many divisions. This particular one was the old Teleglobe network.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to bdoyledimou

to bdoyledimou
said by bdoyledimou:

No, no one said that at all. Besides you're talking about different sets of people dealing with different parts of a very large company.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by bdoyledimou:

TATA is a big company with many divisions. This particular one was the old Teleglobe network.

Are you sure? If it is the old Teleglobe network, I am a little less worried.

@brad, whose cheaper than TATA? Maybe Cogent, but nobody else comes to mind. Then again, I haven't been in that sphere for a while now so...
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by d4m1r:

Yes, very much so.
said by d4m1r:

@brad, whose cheaper than TATA? Maybe Cogent, but nobody else comes to mind. Then again, I haven't been in that sphere for a while now so...

Cogent and Hurricane are.

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict

said by 34764170:

said by d4m1r:

Yes, very much so.
said by d4m1r:

Cogent and Hurricane are.

I thought those 3 were to only big providers at least in toronto, what others are there for isp transit?
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by eeeaddict:

I thought those 3 were to only big providers at least in toronto, what others are there for isp transit?

Your question isn't very clear. Are you referring to pricing? Also transit is transit.