share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit

IMAGiNE BitTorrent Piracy Group Sysop Jailed 40 months

The head guy recording and releasing movies thru BitTorrent gets 40 months in jail and then 3 yrs of no computers, smartphones, etc. His assistants get lesser jail terms.

»torrentfreak.com/imagine-bittorr···-121130/
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
Bad news, it gets harder and harder to get new movies online as downloads.

Good news, it gets harder and harder to give a shit about even seeing movies made in recent years due to how they often just suck to begin with.

So as I see it, I already have all of what I might ever even want to some extent. And all of it is old schlock.

And increasingly, all I really want, is my Netflix account. I barely watch movies any more. The VERY few films I have seen in theatres in recent years, has not really harmed my wallet much.

It seems it is rare to see more than 3 films made in a year a person would even miss.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Sukunai:

Bad news, it gets harder and harder to get new movies online as downloads.

Good news, it gets harder and harder to give a shit about even seeing movies made in recent years due to how they often just suck to begin with.

So as I see it, I already have all of what I might ever even want to some extent. And all of it is old schlock.

And increasingly, all I really want, is my Netflix account. I barely watch movies any more. The VERY few films I have seen in theatres in recent years, has not really harmed my wallet much.

It seems it is rare to see more than 3 films made in a year a person would even miss.

Top 10 movies of all time in 10 movie categories.
»www.afi.com/Docs/100Years/TOP10.pdf
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to FFH5
Your post not only confirmed my comment, it appears to have done a better job than I could have

Yep, if Hollywood simply stopped making movies at all, I don't think anyone would miss them.

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3
reply to FFH5
I love that Caddyshack is listed under the category of "sports". LOL.