how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrXenon

join:2007-01-20
Kingston, ON

[INTERNET] Kingston -> speeds highly variable

Sometimes, I order Apple TV movies and they are ready to be watched in seconds. Other times, say Friday night, it takes 3 hours.

Is this just the nature of shared cable internet? I have the Start equivalent of Ultimate 30 in the west end of Kingston (Westwoods).

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

said by DrXenon:

I have the Start equivalent of Ultimate 30 in the west end of Kingston (Westwoods).

Hi DrXenon,

I recommend contacting Start for troubleshooting for your issue.

DrXenon

Kingston, ON

Thanks, that is the kind of useful answer that your company has a reputation for.

teddy

join:2002-02-20
Kingston, ON

Why would you expect Cogeco to help you when Start is your ISP?

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
kudos:1

said by teddy:

Why would you expect Cogeco to help you when Start is your ISP?

100% Agreed. You're asking for support from the wrong people.
Expand your moderator at work

DrXenon

Kingston, ON
reply to DrXenon

Re: [INTERNET] Kingston -> speeds highly variable

Start uses the Cogeco infrastructure. This is a forum for people who use the Cogeco infrastructure. I wasn't looking for someone from Cogeco to respond, just other Cogeco users, and it is not like I called the Cogeco support line. Sheesh.

MrPink

join:2003-08-15
Peterborough, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Cogeco_Aaron provided you with reasonable advice to your inquiry. It was you who made the uncalled for statement regarding Cogeco's reputation.

You may have better luck with your issues in the Start.ca forum.

(I am interested how the mods handle this. In the past any post not directly related to Cogeco has been locked and moved to a more appropriate forum on BBR)

DrXenon

Kingston, ON

I thanked the member for his very helpful response.

"Welcome, this is a technical forum for assisting members with problems related to Cogeco services." This problem is related to Cogeco services.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

Cogeco is the wholesaler in this case and will not offer support for Start customers (probably can't, contractually).

Even if the problem lies with Cogego's infrastructure, it's up to Start to hold Cogeco's feet to the fire. As noted above, your proper support avenue is through Start.

»Start Communications

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to MrPink

said by MrPink:

It was you who made the uncalled for statement regarding Cogeco's sterling reputation.

No comment.

Mike

(See? I can be a good boy)

kittyburgers

join:2012-01-31
reply to DrXenon

I think DrXenon's response was right on the mark. The cogeco response was tacky. He could have given some plausible technical explanation as to why the customer might be experiencing the issues he described without making it seem like he was providing support for the other provider (Start).

It certainly didn't make me feel very sympathetic towards cogeco, and that's just bad for business.

DrXenon

Kingston, ON
reply to DrXenon

Turned out the Cisco DPC3000 cable modem needed resetting through the little button on the back. Never had to do that with my DSL modem; just worked flawlessly for years. Now I know.