Search similar:

uniqs
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

New laptop, Optimum App doesn't work

So I have a brand new laptop, Windows 8, IE10, i7 quad core 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, the latest Intel HD graphics. But the Optimum App for Laptop doesn't work. It fails before even starting the live TV test. Can anyone tell me how to get past this?
quote:
We're sorry, but this computer's setup is not compatible with the Optimum App
Here's why: 1.There was an issue retrieving system information. This can be caused by one of several system configurations. This application does not support all varieties of remote desktop, virtual machines, or non-standard video output connections. Some anti-virus or internet security applications can also cause this issue. If you do not fall into one of these categories, please contact us.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 edit

dm145

I'm guessing it does not support windows 8 yet
call and see if that is the case
hcp
join:2002-08-19
New Jersey

hcp to Bob4

to Bob4
Make sure that Microsoft Silverlight is properly installed.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

OK, so I used the direct download link from another thread, loaded Silverlight 5 (Windows Update downloaded version 4, go figure), pointed the Optimum shortcut to the 64-bit version of Silverlight, and now it works.

If I go to the settings screen, I see "1.62" in the top right. Is that the latest version?
hcp
join:2002-08-19
New Jersey

hcp

Yes, that's the latest version.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

OK, thanks.

I see that it's not installed for all users on the PC. PITA.
EO50
join:2005-01-23
united state

EO50 to Bob4

to Bob4
Its not working for me as well. Similar problem. I launches and then 2 seconds after launching it crashes as well for me. I got a similar configuration on my computer, but running Windows 7. I've called them a few times and they always say they are escalating to the engineering department and will get a call back. However, I never have gotten a call back.