spc
Search similar:

uniqs

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Um

Why the change in forum name, I see/heard nothing from TWC about it changing.

freakout9903
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
Gastonia, NC

freakout9903

Premium Member

they haven't called it roadrunner down here in Charlotte,NC area in almost a year.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Its still being called RR here, esp with Insight/RR branding.

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
The bird is dying and will be buried soon.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
Nice. I had messaged the mods the other day about changing the name. I guess that I wasn't the only one. Yes, the bird has died.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to OSUGoose

Premium Member

to OSUGoose
In order to continue to use the Road Runner name as their moniker for their broadband service, Time Warner Cable would have to pay Time Warner Inc a licensing fee as the Road Runner name and cartoon character are property of Warner Bros. It was never an issue when Time Warner Cable was under the Time Warner Inc umbrella but now that they are separate it is. I would imagine TWC does not want to pay TWX for something as trivial as the rights to use a cartoon character for marketing purposes so they just rebranded.

rr.com is still active and the words 'Road Runner' as used, but the charactor is gone.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
said by Racerbob:

Nice. I had messaged the mods the other day about changing the name. I guess that I wasn't the only one. Yes, the bird has died.

I messaged them whenever they announced the dropping of the road runner name...over a year ago?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to Jabbu

MVM

to Jabbu
I'm going to miss that happy, goofy bird!