R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1
reply to dave

Re: [WIN8] Can't uninstall a program

I looked in that key, but could not find the obvious sub-key. There is certainly not one called "QuickBooks" or "Intuit".

Sirvan - removing it from the list is only a cosmetic fix - all the underlying registry entries will be unchanged.

Is there something as simple as "setup.exe /uninstall"? That would be nice!

Thanks for the input.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

The trick is that you need to use the uninstaller that goes with the installer, and afaik, no-one in this thread knows what that is.

Once you've identified the correct program, then you need to find how to tell it to do an uninstallation.

If there's a 'setup.exe' that clearly belongs to Quickbooks, try opening up a cmd prompt, then typing commands like "setup /?", "setup /help", etc.

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1

2 edits

I hate when I miss those moderated out comments!

Yeah, the problem is that sheer number of entries for both QuickBooks and Intuit is huge and it takes quite a few F3 pushes... I will download Registrar Home Edition later and let it do a more convenient registry search...

Add: Even with Registrar, there are seemingly hundreds if not thousands of registry entries!! Not easy to remove manually....

And I just ran through all the HKLM/.../Uninstall keys - none are for QuickBooks.

Thought: I could use one of the Sysinternals monitor programs to figure out what the Add/Remove applet is doing...