Click for full size
edit: i'm looking at NB Rogers

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

benefits of living in eastern canada, eh? Rogers likes giving to it in Ontario.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12

I thought they were TAKING IT FROM Ontario ... every penny they can grub!

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

Internet has always been cheaper in Eastern Canada because that is where they drill it. Oh, wait, that's oil in Alberta.

I know Rogers is cheaper in Eastern Canada because their competition is cheaper but how can they justify charging people in Ontario twice as much for half as much? The only explanation is that there is a lack of competition in Ontario. Bell and Rogers have a duopoly and are keeping prices artificially high.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by Cosmok:

Bell and Rogers have a duopoly and are keeping prices artificially high.

IMHO if everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY in Ontario downgraded their tier to Express and told Rogers the reason was prices and caps things would change in a hurry.

35/10, 45/15, 65/20 etc with a 500GB or higher cap would appear almost overnite.............at todays price structure or less.

Don't forget, according to Rogers, 2/3 of their customers are still on Docsis 2 plans so they're going to milk this D3 price/cap thing to the max......

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
reply to iFly55

Interesting. I knew they were offering a higher cap out east but didn't know they were offering 10mbps upstream out east on the Extreme package. I thought Rogers had capacity issues out east because they bought a bunch out a bunch of companies with older cable plants.

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to iFly55

I've asked Rogers to explain why such a huge difference between NB and ON and they have not responded.

I have a feeling it's competition. Obviously they can make a fine profit offering NB this package so why not in ON?

ON is being Rogered for sure.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

The difference is obvious. Aliant, their main competitor has a lot of FTTH deployments. In Ontario, Bell is mostly FTTN and cannot compete with Rogers on speed anyways.