All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313 to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman

Re: [NV] Cox speed vs competition vs cost (Cox is slow)

speed upgrades for the las vegas valley are coming soon its that time of year that they usually do it

i have no idea the exact date however it must me soon

kboxvegas
@cox.net

kboxvegas

Anon

Yeah but it is also usually coupled with a price increase across multiple services

Just over three years ago I decided to get ahead of the game by swapping out my four HD/DVR boxes and digital cable outlets by going with two cable cards with Ceton tuners in a WMC center enviroment. I dropped my bill by $45 a month but now with no changes to my service Cox has crept the bill back up to where it used to be before I made the equipment cut by yearly price increases. There is no winning with this greedy company, Vegas needs a FTTH co-op badly.
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

fiber to the home would be amazing but with the advancements in docsis 3.1 coming in the next few years i would not expect to see any fiber to the home unless century link got bought out

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by bryant313:

fiber to the home would be amazing but with the advancements in docsis 3.1 coming in the next few years i would not expect to see any fiber to the home unless century link got bought out

if you're in a centurystink area, DON'T look for better speeds. be happy with what cox is giving you.