spc
uniqs

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon to IowaCowboy

Anon

to IowaCowboy

Re: Getting iPhone 5 on Monday

Those griping about the $30 upgrade fee let me remind you that Verizon was the LAST major carrier to institute this. The others have been doing this for years. Also At&t and Sprint charge $36 to upgrade your phone.

Also you're getting a phone from anywhere from 60% to 95% even with the fee so really why are you complaining? The cheapest IPhone at retail is $650 and even with the upgrade fee it's $230. That's 65% discount.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

said by anon anon :

Those griping about the $30 upgrade fee let me remind you that Verizon was the LAST major carrier to institute this. The others have been doing this for years.

I never really understood the 'As long as everybody does it, it is Ok' mindset.

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite to anon anon

Premium Member

to anon anon
said by anon anon :

Those griping about the $30 upgrade fee let me remind you that Verizon was the LAST major carrier to institute this. The others have been doing this for years. Also At&t and Sprint charge $36 to upgrade your phone.

Also you're getting a phone from anywhere from 60% to 95% even with the fee so really why are you complaining? The cheapest IPhone at retail is $650 and even with the upgrade fee it's $230. That's 65% discount.

Well let me remind you of a few points Mr. Anon. Since my last upgrade over 6 years ago Verizon has:
- Removed New every 2 (and the $100 credit that went along with it)
- Received fewer than .5 phone calls from me per year
- Enjoyed 6+ years of me paying my bill on time and in full every month (more like over 10 years really, but who's counting right?)
- Discounts equipment off the MSRP which is a BS price in the first place as we all know
- Realizes revenue from various services used on the "discounted" device, some of them with ludicrous high margins (read SMS)
- Imposes a significant ETF to recoup the discounts and unrealized revenue should one choose to bail on the agreement

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon to CXM_Splicer

Anon

to CXM_Splicer
said by CXM_Splicer:

said by anon anon :

Those griping about the $30 upgrade fee let me remind you that Verizon was the LAST major carrier to institute this. The others have been doing this for years.

I never really understood the 'As long as everybody does it, it is Ok' mindset.

You fail to get the point. ONLY Verizon gets grief over this despite the fact everyone else does it have been doing it longer and in the case of Sprint and At&t charges MORE to upgrade. Yet VERIZON is the bad the guy and with the other 3 major carriers it's totally ignored. Care to explain that?
anon anon

anon anon to amenite

Anon

to amenite
said by amenite:

said by anon anon :

Well let me remind you of a few points Mr. Anon. Since my last upgrade over 6 years ago Verizon has:
- Removed New every 2 (and the $100 credit that went along with it)
- Received fewer than .5 phone calls from me per year
- Enjoyed 6+ years of me paying my bill on time and in full every month (more like over 10 years really, but who's counting right?)
- Discounts equipment off the MSRP which is a BS price in the first place as we all know
- Realizes revenue from various services used on the "discounted" device, some of them with ludicrous high margins (read SMS)
- Imposes a significant ETF to recoup the discounts and unrealized revenue should one choose to bail on the agreement

Things change. Big Macs used be a quarter now they're like $3. As a 40 year "loyal" customer how come McDonald's doesn't give them to me for 25 cents?

You paid you bill on time? Well your SUPPOSE to pay your bill on time. Why do you think you deserve extra credit for doing what you're supposed to do?

MSRP is MSRP whether you think it's BS or not. You don't get to dictate that. BS is your OPINION. You are not in any position to decide what is the appropriate pricing for an IPhone.

High ETF? Ok show me a carrier that doesn't have one.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to anon anon

Premium Member

to anon anon
said by anon anon :

You fail to get the point. ONLY Verizon gets grief over this despite the fact everyone else does it have been doing it longer and in the case of Sprint and At&t charges MORE to upgrade. Yet VERIZON is the bad the guy and with the other 3 major carriers it's totally ignored. Care to explain that?

Simple, you haven't been reading dslreports.com enough! People complain about added fees all the time, and it is not limited to Verizon.

»AT&T Doubles Phone Upgrade Fee [39] comments

»T-Mobile Quietly Reinstates Handset Upgrade Fee

»Sprint Modifies Their 'Unfees'

Strangely, all of these threads have corporate defenders trying to pacify the complaints by claiming these are 'no big deal' or 'just the cost of doing business'... so yes, I totally get 'the point'. People should gripe about added fees that the company did absolutely fine without, they should GRIPE LOUDLY!!!