join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Shootist

Premium Member

to Shootist

Re: [WIN8] Biggest gripe about Win 8...

said by Shootist:

said by R2:

Where is the big red X to stop these programs??? So many things - the Default PDF program and the Default music program don't have a red X in the corner to shut them down!! And honestly I cannot find that red X anywhere!!! That is REALLY annoying!!!!

MS is going the ways of Apple Mac. On a Mac when you close a window you are working in the program itself Does Not Close. It stays running in the background until you Quit the program.

Why on earth is MS following Apple Mac on this. It is the Stupidest thing I have every had to deal with, as I own one Mac. It will be my last Apple product. As it's looking Windows 7 will be my last Microsoft Operating System also.

i just noticed this. I don't have PDF reader (use Evince on XP) yet on this Win 8 computer. (I won't need a standalone one once I upgrade Fx 10 ESR to Fx 17 ESR). There was a link in a thread here last evening to a PDF article. I clicked on it and up popped this really ugly reader with a black background. I read the article and CLOSED IT when finished. Hmpf. I didn't really close it! I found it OPEN to the article when I sat down at the computer today. I'm not sure how to close it...as ugly as it is and with Fx 17 having builtin PDF reader I won't use it once I upgrade Fx...but how do I turn it off as well as close it now?

R2
R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

1 recommendation

R2

MVM

Yes, the best description of that Metro reader is simply UGLY. There is NOTHING good about it - and it is REALLY UGLY as well. I fully agree!!!!!