spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eots

join:2003-02-04

[DSL] mail forwarding doesn't work

Has anyone tried configuring Teksavvy webmail to forward their teksavvy email to another account? I tried forwarding to my Yahoo account but messages are still being delivered to my Teksavvy inbox.

TSI Taunia
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
When you logged into your webmail, click on settings, then on Forwarder and entered your yahoo e-mail address, did it save the e-mail in that field? also are they going to both Teksavvy webmail and Yahoo or just Teksavvy?

Thanks
Tsi Taunia

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
reply to eots

eots

join:2003-02-04
reply to TSI Taunia
Yes, it saved my yahoo email address in the forwarder field, but it's still delivering email to the Teksavvy mailbox as well as sending a copy to my yahoo account. If I just leave the messages sitting in my Teksavvy mailbox it will eventually run out of space. This makes forwarding email to another account pointless when I still have to download the messages to empty my Teksavvy mailbox.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
Incidentally this is how some other mail programs / web mail handle forwarding these days including gmail. Not sure if there is a way to create a rule to push the mail into the trash after it is forwarded.

(Fun fact: When you set up forwarders with gmail after a few weeks and then again after a few months it sends you a little reminder to tell you that you are doing this. I think is to alert you in case someone broke into your account and setup the forwarder thinking you wouldn't notice).