All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

Switching on Wednesday

I am schedule to start with Teksavvy on Wednesday December 5th. Rogers said, I have to return the modem first. I will do that at approximately 12pm on my lunch break. When I plug in the Teksavvy modem, will it be working right away?

Thanks,

Poser

TSI Brandon
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Brandon

Premium Member

Hello,

The activation can take up to midnight on the day of install. If you would like to send us your account information in »/forum ··· avdirect I can check to make sure the activation has been confirmed for Dec 5th for you.

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli to Poser

Premium Member

to Poser
Keep the Rogers modem active at home that day.
Once the Rogers connection dies out, Your Tek Modem will be active.

Basically, once they process the cancellation - they process the activation of the new connection. This is because your order was processed as a transfer. ( i assume)

cheers
dm1336
join:2011-08-07
Scarborough, ON

dm1336 to Poser

to Poser
When I switched last year I just unplugged my Rogers cable modem at around noonish and plugged in the Teksavvy one. Once all the lights stopped blinking I did a traceroute and saw I was passing through Teksavvy. Then I jumped in the car and drove to the specified Rogers store and returned the modem.

So I guess they had both Rogers and Teksavvy services active at the same time. I suppose if you don't return the modem by the time the store closes then you might be charge an extra month of service from Rogers... Just guessing though, hopefully the service is active well before the Rogers store closes so you have a lot of time to return the modem.