Search similar:

uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

After upgrade, terrible speeds at night

Speeds during the day are 21+ down and 1+ up.

After 7, can hardly load pages:

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated
join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Jawsinc

if you upgraded because of a slowdown, and you got turbo you are wasting your money. its a utilization issue. get wideband 30 for $10 more/mo. you problem will be gone

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by Jawsinc:

if you upgraded because of a slowdown, and you got turbo you are wasting your money. its a utilization issue. get wideband 30 for $10 more/mo. you problem will be gone

It's not the tier that helps, it's the D3 modem using multiple channels.

You can get your own D3 modem with out changing tiers of service.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated
join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Jawsinc

maybe, but all i know is my connection is ok now 20+ mb strong and all i paid is $10/more/mo. i was gettin 1mb or less at times. basically dial up speeds for months. standard or turbo, same speed with either one.

twc did nothing as usual and just kelp playin the utilization card.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
Sounds like saturated pipe during peak hours. I have this problem too, and it didn't help when TWC gave everyone the recent speed upgrades.
kozmonov
join:2013-01-16
Brooklyn, NY

kozmonov

It seems to me that the slowdown is related to timewarner traffic shaping since I get fast speedtest results but gernerally slow downloads(vimeo/youtube/filedownloads). The exception to this is bit torrent downloads, which hit full speed. It seems that Time Warner is limiting single streams to 300Kbps. I noticed this exact same behavior at my brothers apartment in the city(im out in brooklyn).

This is a new behavior that has been going on since the free "speed upgrade"

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

My speeds have been fixed after a day outage I'm now seeing 20 Megs pretty consistently.