Search similar:

uniqs

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert

Re: [CFL] set top boxes slow to respond on BHN

I understand you want to "Look" at boxes where the issue is slow channel changing, but, as to a setting.....that should be out there to the general population as to what is the best resolution setting should be when using an HD Box with a Flat screen 1080p HD TV.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert to Lpvancini

Premium Member

to Lpvancini
Already answered that question rBmoving...
Lpvancini
join:2012-12-02

Lpvancini

So getting back to the main problem the latency in changing channels. Is this a known issue in this current IOS version? Is there and update coming soon ? Based on the responses, it seems to be affecting all the hardware versions of set top boxes used by BHN.

Sean123
@rr.com

Sean123

Anon

Have had issues for the past 4 to 5 months+ return signal too strong (lets just say more than a few problems which quite a few were fixed) but the main problem I see now is locking up, verrrrrrrry slow response from the remote, boxs changing channel on the hour when there is nothing scheduled to record. Also power button on units will lock / unit will also reboot on its own at any given time (can tell when its going too also)
These problems started right after the pretty color firmware update. all Samsung boxes 2 moca DVR and 2 moca client (whole house).
Just very depressed at the service for the money.

Have to reboot an average once a day.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Sean123 :

Have had issues for the past 4 to 5 months+ return signal too strong (lets just say more than a few problems which quite a few were fixed) but the main problem I see now is locking up, verrrrrrrry slow response from the remote, boxs changing channel on the hour when there is nothing scheduled to record. Also power button on units will lock / unit will also reboot on its own at any given time (can tell when its going too also)
These problems started right after the pretty color firmware update. all Samsung boxes 2 moca DVR and 2 moca client (whole house).
Just very depressed at the service for the money.

Have to reboot an average once a day.

You are having all these problems have you asked for a tech yet? You didn't mention this in your post.

Sean123
@rr.com

Sean123

Anon

Hello,

"quite a few were fixed" Had 4+ service calls, 2 were called I believe they were the super shooters/top techs or something like that. and one I never met that changed the chip or module in the pedestal to drop the signal

One of the techs also removed the amp on the line, he called it a band aid and said it wasn't needed.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Sean123 :

Hello,

"quite a few were fixed" Had 4+ service calls, 2 were called I believe they were the super shooters/top techs or something like that. and one I never met that changed the chip or module in the pedestal to drop the signal

One of the techs also removed the amp on the line, he called it a band aid and said it wasn't needed.

I don't understand your answer....is it fixed or not?

Sean123
@rr.com

Sean123

Anon

What I stated is that other problems were fixed.

These are current
but the main problem I see now is locking up, verrrrrrrry slow response from the remote, boxs changing channel on the hour when there is nothing scheduled to record. Also power button on units will lock / unit will also reboot on its own at any given time (can tell when its going too also)
These problems started right after the pretty color firmware update.

The firmware problem will not be solved by replacement of equipment or techs coming to the house. The software designers need to address this before a mass exodus of people go bye bye. They might want to consider Beta testing on the next major push.

Regards,
Sean
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Sean123 :

What I stated is that other problems were fixed.

These are current
but the main problem I see now is locking up, verrrrrrrry slow response from the remote, boxs changing channel on the hour when there is nothing scheduled to record. Also power button on units will lock / unit will also reboot on its own at any given time (can tell when its going too also)
These problems started right after the pretty color firmware update.

The firmware problem will not be solved by replacement of equipment or techs coming to the house. The software designers need to address this before a mass exodus of people go bye bye. They might want to consider Beta testing on the next major push.

Regards,
Sean

If you unit is locking up and rebooting on its own something else is going on...not firmware. Open a direct forums thread, include your current IP address and I'll be in touch.