how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

torobull123

join:2009-06-20

1 edit

[DSL] Network congestion tonight?

I can't seem to max out my sync tonight. Although my ping response time seem to be fine.

The download rate on speakeasy.net/speedtest is very flaky (jumping up and down drastically), as it won't max out and stay maxed out for the whole test.... (as it usually does for chicago and NY)

Ive tried reconnecting several dozen times and the speedtests are not up to par.

Running through: Gateway 206.248.154.106

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

i'm getting poor speeds myself and seeing small amounts of packet loss which looks to be originating from inside TSI's network, I created a post about it a few mins ago with some logs.

»TSI/HE.net performance/packet loss issue

torobull123

said by jmck:

i'm getting poor speeds myself and seeing small amounts of packet loss which looks to be originating from inside TSI's network, I created a post about it a few mins ago with some logs.

»TSI/HE.net performance/packet loss issue

This isn't the first time Ive seen major congestion on a sunday night.

TSI Taunia
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to torobull123

Hello,

Can you please message us inhttp://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavdirect your account information and we can look into this for you

Thank you,
Tsi Taunia

torobull123

said by TSI Taunia:

Hello,

Can you please message us inhttp://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavdirect your account information and we can look into this for you

Thank you,
Tsi Taunia

Thank for the help. Ill see how it is in the morning (monday) before making a formal inquiry to TSI

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to torobull123

Its a little choky for me too, about 2.4 megs on a 8 meg DSL line.

EDIT: Scratch that, I ported out my phone number to a voip service, and bell re-profiled my line from a fancy 8 meg profile to a 3 meg profile.. well good things cant last forever
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

torobull123

reply to torobull123

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nvm

torobull123

reply to torobull123

As predicted.... Monday morning, no congestion. Full maxed out sync.

No flaky speed bumps and drops as Sunday night.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON

in the thread I linked earlier, TSI has confirmed that St-Laurent POI seems to be over capacity (at peak time) and they have some extra capacity being added next week.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

said by jmck:

in the thread I linked earlier, TSI has confirmed that St-Laurent POI seems to be over capacity (at peak time) and they have some extra capacity being added next week.

OP is on DSL
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

torobull123

1 edit

I can confirm again that Tuesday morning the speeds are smooth and running as should on speakeasy.net/speedtest and speedtest.net

There seems to be network congestion on TSI networks in the evenings, as I am running on DSL.... not cable. So no POI issues.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

I've been experiencing DSL congestion on VDSL for many months... unless its a multi-threaded test or download, i cant max it out during the evening hours...

torobull123

said by HiVolt:

I've been experiencing DSL congestion on VDSL for many months... unless its a multi-threaded test or download, i cant max it out during the evening hours...

Exactly.... speedtest.net is multi-threaded. Maxing out at times, but still struggling.

speakeasy.net is more accurate as it is single threaded and good indicator of network quality.

Jethro86

join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to torobull123

DSL sucks pretty much every night now for me and the kids. Pings hit over 400ms. Downloads drop to 0.8mbps.
Starts around 7:00-7:30pm almost ever night now. Have had Bell techs in checking lines and no change as nothing is found.
I have a nice graph from Speedtest.net to track my download speeds and it looks like the freakin Himalayan mountain range with all the massive peaks (day time test) and valleys (night time tests)

Looking around at the sheer number of people with these DSL issues at night something must be going on but....

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to torobull123

Speeds are sucking for me tonight. 25 meg VDSL2 (currently not bonded), and both twitch.tv and youtube can't play without stopping to buffer constantly. Speedtests are coming in at 17 Mbps, but seem to indicate packetloss (none show up in pings).
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to torobull123

said by Guspaz:

Speeds are sucking for me tonight. 25 meg VDSL2 (currently not bonded), and both twitch.tv and youtube can't play without stopping to buffer constantly. Speedtests are coming in at 17 Mbps, but seem to indicate packetloss (none show up in pings).

Hi There,

If you let us know in the »TekSavvy Direct forum which account this is for and we can look into it.
--
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

torobull123

1 edit
reply to torobull123

Here we are again.... Sunday evening...... crazy TSI network congestion on DSL.

Crappy under-sync flaky fluctuating speeds on single threaded downloads.

TSI needs to start thinking about increasing their capacity. This is getting ridiculous.

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by torobull123:

Here we are again.... Sunday evening...... crazy TSI network congestion on DSL.

Crappy under-sync flaky fluctuating speeds.

TSI needs to start thinking about increasing their capacity. This is getting ridiculous.

its pretty rediculous that teksavvy has to load balance 27 something GAS links. Bell should seriously start looking into letting wholesalers to be able to purchase GBit links.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to torobull123

said by torobull123:

TSI needs to start thinking about increasing their capacity.

Should be some relief this week!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

letal

join:2008-12-27

1 edit
reply to torobull123

Same problem here for last couple of weeks. Every Sunday evening and sometimes Tuesdays as well getting half of my speed 2 Meg on my 5 Meg DSL. I am at Warden and Finch.

torobull123

reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by torobull123:

TSI needs to start thinking about increasing their capacity.

Should be some relief this week!

Much appreciated Marc.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

np. I hope it solves it for a while.

We also have more links on order.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

oink

join:2012-01-21
Montreal, QC
reply to torobull123

Hope?... Frankly, between this and the permanent DNS issues, it's getting too much trouble.

Am I special to expect for a working service? I opened a ticket before I realized this was a network wide issue; how should I know if you don't communicate network issues directly to us; and the answer specified that I would probably have to pay to get it fixed, maybe fixed. That's an unacceptable business practice. Your service is broken, you warn us and you fix it ASAP, a permanent fix, and you absorb the cost. Don't expect the client to support your failures.

Personally I'm not going to linger much longer.

torobull123

@oink

I wouldn't say the network is broken. I thinks it pretty great (except peak hours)

Just needs a bit of extra capacity to compensate for the higher speed plans and increase in customers.

Be glad that Marc cares, if this was any other ISP, your complaints wouldn't even be recognized as a ISP wide problem.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

Ottawa, ON

did the upgrade happen yesterday?

torobull123

reply to torobull123

Im getting crazy congestion tonight...... like most Sundays

Marc have you addressed this issue yet?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Sheesh... It is slow...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

torobull123

reply to torobull123

Im getting 30% of my sync on »www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

It always maxes out otherwise, in non-congested hours.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

Speed suck for me every night for months. Getting really fed up.

torobull123

reply to torobull123

strange.. I found a good gateway.

Let's see if this holds up.

Edit:
Pft... spoke too soon