Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mark_e

join:2009-03-09
Columbia, MD
reply to rvmeush

Re: [TIVO] Pixelating on SpikeHD (554) in Howard County, MD

I'm in Columbia on the east side of 29, south of 108, served out of the old Columbia CO, not the one on Oakland Mills road.

554 gave a signal strength of 77. Most of my channels are in the 80-85 range. I watched about 10 minutes and didn't see any pixelation or artifacts.

I agree with checking your cabling and connectors. You might also try switching the positions of lines on the splitter to see if a different port gives different readings. I had one port on a splitter go bad, and only two QAMs were affected. That trouble shooting tip saved me a few hours. I wouldn't have believed it possible. Another thing to look at is if the strength is the same on both tuners. If one is bad it may actually be your Tivo.

If that doesn't help I would suggest posting in the Direct Forum or asking on Twitter for a truck roll so they can put a Sunrise meter on the ONT and determine if it is a network or wiring issue. We had a problem in the CO a few years ago that no one took seriously, but the folks on the direct forum got it resolved.

Hope that helps.

rvmeush

join:2008-08-27
Columbia, MD

thanks very much for the tips. I'll give those suggestions a try.