share rss forum feed

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1

[iPhone] ios5 --> ios6 notifcation loss

long story short -- ip4 with ios 5.1 stolen. had backup on computer 2 days prior. ordered ip5 with ios 6.0.1.
after restoring, i have lost all push notifications (facebook, my bank, politico, etc). i still get lock-screen info for email, text, calls, vms, etc.

easy fix? or restore to default and pull everything down again?

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

Yep ... Restore as new.

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

damn.
hoping there was a quick fix.
i can restore -- nothing terribly important. just a pain in the ass that its broken like that.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

I know, but well worth it in the long run. After that that you know you have a decent iPhone 5 back up for the next few years.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH
reply to tubbynet

Restore as new did not help me. I'm still not getting notifications from the majority of my 3rd party apps.
I was hoping that it was the Apps themselves but Im not so sure anymore. My neighbor has the same phone (iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1) and gets notifications from all his 3rd party apps (comparing only the ones we have in common). All my settings are correct in order to receive notifications but I'm just not getting them.
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

interesting. i haven't done it.
i noticed that this morning -- i had a politico notification present (i was teh happy). also -- i logged into my chase app and even though i had permitted the notifications in 'settings > notifications > chase' -- i had to turn them on in the app after logging in. i will see if this fixes those.

the only thing missing is the facebook stuff. messenger complains that my push notifications are off -- even after explicitly disabling, restarting, re-enabling, then restarting the phone. i also don't receive any notifications from the fb app itself. going to try to remove and reinstall to see if this fixes it.

thanks for the info.

q.
--

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC
kudos:3

said by tubbynet:

the only thing missing is the facebook stuff.

Facebook push notifications have been hit-or-miss for me dating all the way back to the iPhone 3G and up through the iPhone 5. They only time they seem to come through reliably is when I have a desktop browser window open to Facebook oddly enough.

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

said by pike:

Facebook push notifications have been hit-or-miss for me dating all the way back to the iPhone 3G and up through the iPhone 5.

that was very true early on.
with my ip4 running up-to-date fb and ios 5.1 -- it was pretty solid. additionally -- my ipad2 (running 5.1 and same fb version) -- receives these push notifications just fine -- leading me to believe its either (a) the phone (b) the ios (c) or the settings.

q.
--

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

just to update the the thread -- it appears that i have fixed the notifications (for now).
i removed and reinstalled the two apps in question. they seem to work now. my news pushes and my bank pushes work as well. i think its solved -- just took some tinkering.

q.