uniqs

kpossible
Premium Member
join:2003-09-11

kpossible to Bill_MI

Premium Member

to Bill_MI

Re: WOW Bandwidth Speed Test Sites Question

Well, thanks for the complement on my bandwidth. During the day, I must say that I works well 95% of the time. At night, and tonight is no exception, my bandwidth looks closer to yours I'm getting 19 mbps down. It'll go on like that for a 4-5 hour block. My upload is nearly never far off of 5 though, so that's good.
kpossible

kpossible

Premium Member

Click for full size
See what I mean? I just took that and could do it all evening long and it never goes up. Ugh.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI

Bill_MI

MVM

Duh... I was reading the *difference* was 20 to 25 mbps. Like 80 vs. 60 mbps. I don't even know how high WOW has.
Bill_MI

Bill_MI to kpossible

MVM

to kpossible
Since it's been a while and my internet is quiet...

From Royal Oak, MI
15.75 / 2.14 Troy »speed.try.wideopenwest.com/
15.75 / 2.14 Naperville »speed.nap.wideopenwest.com/
15.75 / 2.14 Cleveland »speed.clv.wideopenwest.com/
15.76 / 2.16 Columbus »speed.col.wideopenwest.com/

LOL! Not what I expected. Not only are they very close but Columbus is king.

kpossible
Premium Member

kpossible

Premium Member

That's amazing!! You're doing well. I hope that someday... soon... I start to receive what I've been paying for in my package. It would be nice.

aes128
join:2003-12-19
Warren, MI

aes128

I have the 30/3 service and I get that pretty much all the time from the 4 WOW speed test servers.

Download Speed: 30.784 Mbps (30784 kb/sec transfer rate) COL
Upload Speed: 3.404 Mbps (3404 kb/sec transfer rate)
Monday, December 03, 2012 17:58:40

Download Speed: 30.787 Mbps (30787 kb/sec transfer rate) NAP
Upload Speed: 3.423 Mbps (3423 kb/sec transfer rate)

Troy is my local one which I did not test. If you do not usually get what you pay for you should complain some more. For me, WOW's speed has been pretty solid.

kpossible
Premium Member

kpossible

Premium Member

Sssh... don't use the "c" (complaining) word in association with my name... I'm starting to get a rep

Seriously, though, I don't have much hope that it will be resolved. I was thinking of changing my service to 15 or 30. Normally, I would think that something like that wouldn't help, but a friend in my immediate area has 15 and gets just that, 15 all night long. So, I probably really don't need the 50, just spoiled by it. Maybe back to basics is the way to go.

It's just so weird with the different WOW bandwidth sites though (for me). At the very start of the evening, when things are just beginning to go downhill, I will maybe get 42 down from Cleveland, 35 from Columbus, and 48 from Nap. Then they will all "switch around" for awhile before all going into the teens to or twenties. I've read the above explanations (thank you to everyone, BTW) but I must have brain-drain, or am blinded by my frustration to the point of just not getting it.