spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jack00

join:2012-11-24

Fibre TV will slow down my connection if i get it ?

I have 3 TVs at home and I would like to get a terminal on them all. I am already with fibre 10 for internet with bell sympatico but i am wondering if I get fibre TV, will it slow down my connection ? I play alot of video games online and I don't want to lag because everybody will be watching a different channel on each terminal.
Also, how does Fibre Tv works ? Do you need a dish, do you get crappy reception when its snowing/raining ?
Thanks.

demonte21

join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC
Hi!

There is 2 differents way to deliver The Fibe TV Service to you home. Either by FTTH (Fiber To The Home) or FTTN which use your actual Copper Wire.

If FTTH Is availble in your area, then your Download and upload Speed won't be affected by watching TV. But Even if you are on FTTN and all your 3 TV's are open you will still get a Decent Speed, and about the Same exact ping as you have right now.

Fibe TV doesn't require a Dish, and can use your actual Cable. The Tv Service is coming out from the modem.

jack00

join:2012-11-24
What kind of modem does it require ? Would it work on my current 2wire modem ? Do you need a plug for each terminal ? 'cause I already have 2 computers and my ps3 hooked up in there.
Which of the 2 different way is better ? The way you are saying it it sounds like FTTH would be better, but my fibre 10 is using fiber to home, so if I use that instead of the copper wire then wouldn't that affect my connection and not the other way around like you explained ? :s

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by jack00:

What kind of modem does it require ? Would it work on my current 2wire modem ? Do you need a plug for each terminal ? 'cause I already have 2 computers and my ps3 hooked up in there.
Which of the 2 different way is better ? The way you are saying it it sounds like FTTH would be better, but my fibre 10 is using fiber to home, so if I use that instead of the copper wire then wouldn't that affect my connection and not the other way around like you explained ? :s

Well you don't have fiber to the home if you have a 2wire...

So you're probably fiber to the node, you'll get a VDSL2 modem Sagemcom.