Lpvancini
join:2012-12-02

Lpvancini

Samsung SMT-H3260

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

I know I am going to get slammed on this one....but; I personally feel that following this last Upgrade to the new Guide the DVR Boxes are slow. This is not only as to Channel channel changes, also to responding to other features....Settings, etc. I rarely am quick enough to enter a 4 number channel before the channel changes to however many numbers I have entered. Its not because I am slow in entering the individual numbers, its how slow the Box is responding to the number. Its not just me; my wife and kids have commented on this same issue. I have seen this at several of my friends Homes that also have BHN....who live in different areas within Pinellas County. I know all is well from a signal standpoint as a tech was at my Home 2 weeks because I wasn't getting 2-way, my signals were perfect......the 2-way issue was not caused from the Box....the issue was corrected.

Having been with BHN forever, having gone thru several software Updates\Changes...just seems like there were more issues from this last Upgrade then any of the past upgrades....and, from an end users standpoint, there seemed to be less changes (Majority that end users saw was Color Guide Change...could have been a lot of back room changes.).

OK....take your shots
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

2 of my DVR's (Samsung & Cisco) exhibit this slow response. i.e. I can input channel 1234 and look at the front and see 1.........2..........3.......4. Sometimes the delay is really long and I type it in again and it overlays the first and I get a weird channel. I also note that 95% of the time, when I type in a channel, the video appears for 2 seconds, the screen goes blank and the video returns again after 2 more seconds. Also happens on a Samsung non-dvr. Last week the SAmsung DVR got itself into a 3 second loop, no response from the controller, had to unplug from the wall to get it back to normal. Right or wrong, seems to have happened with last update ~ 1 month ago??

rbmoving
@bhn.net

rbmoving

Anon

To the65gto........Your partial issue may be the Resolution Setting...you need to go into the Box's setting and set resolution to 1080i.
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

I checked all three: Samsung Non-DVR = 1080i, Samsung DVR = 1080i and the Cisco 8640 = 720p because it is a 720 native Res TV set. If I remember right, it is best to let the BHN Box do the conversion to 720 rather than the TV??