All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
scottp99
join:2010-12-11

scottp99 to sbconslt

to sbconslt

Re: Truecrypt question

Ok, fine. Since I have my OS image build, without any important data on it, if anything goes wrong with the encryption process, then I will just reimage my PC.

I just do not trust these encryption programs. If one does not know what their doing, then their system can be "hosed"

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt

The full disk encryption procedure has certain protective safeguards built into it. For example, it tests the boot loader by making you reboot through it successfully before encrypting any drive contents. And, it forces you to burn and verify a rescue CD that gives you crisis workarounds like repairing a broken boot sector, removing encryption without having to boot into the OS, etc. All of this is required before a single block is encrypted.
scottp99

scottp99

I always keep a clean OS image build without any important stuff on there just incase things go wrong.

One more question here - Is there any way for TC to automatically enable the NUMLOCK on my USB keyboard whenever the TC bootloader appears to enter the password?

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt

That's controlled from BIOS Setup, if anywhere.
scottp99

scottp99

So, I did it. Installed full disk encryption. So far not noticing any system slowness. I could of posted this thread on the TC Forums but they do not accept any Internet based emails.

I guess TC is adequate enough for me as opposed to WinMagic.
»www.winmagic.com/product ··· andalone

But thanks for the support on this.