spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thx1138

@rogers.com

[Cable] Outage in North London Ontario?

Woke up to a blinking cable modem and no internets, anyone else?

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

We are investigating, nothing showing up as of yet. Will let you know as soon as we do.

Thanks
Pierre A
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to thx1138

said by thx1138 :

Woke up to a blinking cable modem and no internets, anyone else?

Until further notice we can troubleshoot this as we normally do, please feel free to message us in the »TekSavvy Direct and we can further determine the issue.

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to thx1138

No problems in North-West London.

ArtanicA

join:2011-09-05
reply to thx1138

I had the same thing happen at 7:00am this morning. There is a single blinking light on the right (DCM425).

I left for work at 8:00 and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot outside of power cycling the modem. We'll see what it is like when I get home...

TSILiz
Premium
reply to thx1138

said by ArtanicA:

I had the same thing happen at 7:00am this morning. There is a single blinking light on the right (DCM425).

I left for work at 8:00 and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot outside of power cycling the modem. We'll see what it is like when I get home...

If it is still like this when you get home please contact us in the »TekSavvy Direct and we will submit something off for you.
--
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

jc

@fanshawec.ca
reply to thx1138

Also woke up to blinking lights at 7AM in South London this morning. Hopefully it's back up by the time I'm home this afternoon.

ArtanicA

join:2011-09-05
reply to TSILiz

I have some co-workers on TS in London that are running ok with DOCSIS 3 modems...

Speculation, but I wonder if Rogers dropped all DOCSIS 2 modems (or at least the DCM425) from their network.

SoUncool

@telus.com
reply to thx1138

I also have no Internet... Northeast London. Tried trouble shooting with no luck. No Internet means no tv here as we stream everything through boxee. Hopefully it gets resloved soon.

phil_m

@wind.ca
reply to ArtanicA

I have a dcm476 here in east london so its not doc 2s. I've got -5db power and 40.5db SNR on ch1 and its reporting dchp failed: discover sent, no offer received in the logs.

Its been down since around 230am. Still off at 915am.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to thx1138

Hi guys,

There are a few people mentioning that they are down in London, however we don't yet have enough tickets to open a master ticket.

If you haven't already done so, can you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can open a master.

Perhaps label the Subject as "London Outage".

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

thx1138

@xo.net

I'm at work right now and wont be home to troubleshoot until 5:30, hopefully it fixes itself. My neighbor uses rogers and I managed to use his wifi to check the new this morning (we're friends and he gave me his password).

TSILiz
Premium
reply to thx1138

said by thx1138 :

I'm at work right now and wont be home to troubleshoot until 5:30, hopefully it fixes itself. My neighbor uses rogers and I managed to use his wifi to check the new this morning (we're friends and he gave me his password).

If it doesn't, please message us to submit something off.

Oggy

join:2012-12-03
reply to thx1138

I am in North West London and I am also having issues. I am unable to connect at all.

Leekwd

@rogers.com

I am having problems in north london as well

Kmc1

@uwo.ca
reply to thx1138

Woke up to the same issues in Northeast London. Hoping it'll be back up by the time I get home.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

1 edit
reply to thx1138

We are still investigating, I was just informed that it looks like provisioning, RF and DHCP issue at the same time. We are trying to pinpoint it down and as soon as we have more information we will update this thread.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Leekwd89

I can't post in the teksavvy direct forum using my iPhone for some reason. Is a master ticket open yet

philm_to

reply to thx1138

I'm getting this really weird situation. My Thomson goes through the init cycle normally, and before it finishes I can surf the diagnostic ip 192.168.100.1. But as soon as I get all 4 blue lights the connection to the diagnostic information dies.

So the modem sits there with the right light configuration, but I have no diagnostic port, or any wan settings communicated to my router.

Arcturus

join:2008-04-18
London, ON

said by philm_to:

I'm getting this really weird situation. My Thomson goes through the init cycle normally, and before it finishes I can surf the diagnostic ip 192.168.100.1. But as soon as I get all 4 blue lights the connection to the diagnostic information dies.

So the modem sits there with the right light configuration, but I have no diagnostic port, or any wan settings communicated to my router.

That's exactly how my modem was acting (sb6120) in the big outage last month, I figured it is just the Bios Rogers pushed to everyone is crap and doesn't work properly. But maybe is related to a type of outage.

I never tried seeing if I could access it with the Rogers cable unplugged) etc... to verify.

philm_to

Yes, I can confirm that when you unplug the cable and the modem starts to cycle again, you get your diagnostic ip back.

Regardless, I just came back online as of 12:05. So far so good.

Thanks everyone at TSI for your diligence.

Leekwd

@rogers.com

Did you have to restart your modem and router

Leekwd

@rogers.com

Anyone still not online yet? Seems to be still not working..

Kmc1

@telus.com

I'm also still having issues in north London

thx1138

@rogers.com

I just got home and its still dead

Im on my neighbors wifi.

thx1138

@teksavvy.com

Internet is back! Sweet sweet internet!

henryhawker

join:2012-10-25
London, ON
reply to thx1138

I'm still having problems in northwest London.
Post submitted in TekSavvy Direct.

TSILiz
Premium
reply to thx1138

said by thx1138 :

I just got home and its still dead

Im on my neighbors wifi.

Hi There,

Are you still offline?

henryhawker

join:2012-10-25
London, ON
reply to henryhawker

Everything is working well for me now. I'm not sure what the problem was.