All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pnjmd48
join:2012-12-03

pnjmd48

[speed/latency] Verizon Enhanced High Speed Dropped

Verizon DSL Enhanced high speed delivered 9 mb/sec up to one week ago or so. In addition my neighbor who also has Verizon DSL (50 feet away) also gets 9 mb. last week it dropped to max 1.5. The verizon "NO help" line tells me max avail in my area is 3 mb. I can't seem to get them to understand that if it reliability delivered 9 mb one week ago its impossible to assume today it is only capable of delivering 3. (which of course it is not. only 1.5 for me)

I am two days away from canceling DSL. frustration level is beyond the pale. Has anyone else had this issue?

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Sure, most that contact Verizon with a problem have the same issue of "frustration level is beyond the pale" when we are done talking to them.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

If it makes you feel any better (though it probably won't) when the on-site tech came out to one of our locations to diagnose a circiut-down-hard problem, he had to call the same clueless robots we do.

It was CLEARLY a Verizon issue, and clearly in the provisioning because the circuit never worked from the first day.

After 45 minutes the VZ field tech was so frustrated at being repeatedly told to reboot his (Verizon-issued) field laptop and power cycle the modem, that he hung up on the phone tech as the tech was (once again) telling him it must be his laptop that won't connect.

Tech then dialed some secret tech-only escalation number, got a very clueful router god on the phone who was very empowered to touch configs on the network, and the problem was completely resolved in no time.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to pnjmd48

Premium Member

to pnjmd48
I'm finally back to work. Hit me up with a PM with your DSL #, I'll take a look.
pnjmd48

pnjmd48

hi, got an email from verizon today telling me they moved me to High speed from enhanced high speed. apparently from 1.5 to less than 1. I had requested an increase not a decrease. Another snafu unfortunately. not sure what u mean by dsl number do u mean phone number?

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to pnjmd48

Premium Member

to pnjmd48
yes, the ph # your dsl is on
pnjmd48

2 edits

pnjmd48

[removed for privacy]

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers to pnjmd48

Mod

to pnjmd48
pnjmd48 please see your IM, it will be a flashing red envelope at the top of your screen.
pnjmd48

1 edit

pnjmd48 to tim_k

to tim_k
[removed for privacy] thx by the way i have a graph which shows speed rate history using speedtest.net . Now verizon says their max is 3 mg. very confusing !