New York, NY
|reply to arris |
Re: NYC TWC - Just got the Arris TG862 - can't access Web GUI
In Bridge mode, if I configure my pc with a static IP address of 192.168.0.x, and attach it directly to a LAN port, (with my internal router still connected) I get consistent results:
1. ping 192.168.0.1 - yes
2. http to port 8080 - login page
3. http to port 80 - login page (after registration)
4. http to port 80 - status page (before registration)
5. https to port 443 - status page (both before and after registration
6. https to port 5540 - login page (both before and after registration).
Note that port 80 serves up different pages before/after registration and you may have to force a refresh while navigating.
Also note that a router restart following a configuration change, will force the router through its pre & post registration states, and this can confuse your browser.
In Routed mode, the behavior may be different.