share rss forum feed

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to AngryBlakMan

Re: WiFi problem with Galaxy SIII

Thanks for your reply. I will try my phone for and extended period without security and with a more generic pass phrase. If all goes well with the generic pass phrase then I will just use a less cryptic one and deal with the short term whining when all of the wireless devices in the house need to have their pass phrase changed.

AngryBlakMan
Angry Black Man

join:2007-11-19
USA

just for my curiosity, is your work's network certificate based or is it key (WPA2) based? if it's WPA2 based, hopefully it will have some special characters in it that you could use as a reference point for "valid" ASCII characters.

if it doesn't have any, then it reinforces the idea of the need for a "generic key", but i wouldn't bet on this being the case necessarily..

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA

My work has a secured and unsecured wifi available. I am connecting to the unsecured network, no key or pass phrase is required to connect.

AngryBlakMan
Angry Black Man

join:2007-11-19
USA

ah, then that definitely points to some issue with the implementation of WPA2 between your two devices

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
Marion, IA

Well...it's not looking good. My GSIII works fine with no security enabled and does not hold a consistent wifi connection using a generic pass phrase.

mannram

@optonline.net

Can you change the security to aes?

mannram

@optonline.net
reply to drslash

Can you change the security to aes?