Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to jjoshua

to jjoshua

Re: Whole house water help

said by jjoshua:

You have normal water pressure. What's the actual problem?

Volume is the issue but it seems you need to increase pressure to increase volume. Most of the stuff I see online says you want around 70 psi so being at 50ish means there's room for improvement.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 recommendation

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

said by jjoshua:

You have normal water pressure. What's the actual problem?

Volume is the issue but it seems you need to increase pressure to increase volume. Most of the stuff I see online says you want around 70 psi so being at 50ish means there's room for improvement.

What is their reasoning for the 70 psi? Nobody on a well system has that kind of pressure. I do just fine with my 50 psi. I used to have 55 psi but my pump is wearing so I had to lower the pressure switch.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

1 recommendation

jjoshua to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
Where and when are you seeing low volume?

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by jjoshua:

Where and when are you seeing low volume?

Pressure/volume stays the same no matter what we do. Even with 2 showers going it's the same as just the kitchen sink running. It's not horrible if you install low flow stuff but still sub-par on the best day. It takes 1 minute 40 seconds to fill up the humidifier container. It use to take ~60 seconds at the old place. I believe the contain is like 3 gallons. Just looking to improve that from 1 minute 40 seconds to as close to 60 seconds as I can. If I could boost the water by even 30% that would be perfect.