All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NuclearXP9
join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

NuclearXP9 to Body Count

to Body Count

Re: Do they even care about video issues?

Thanks BC - will do. kpossible - making a stretch of a comparison then asking for help in the same post isn't the way to get results. Annoying those that voluntarily help isn't a good strategy.

That thread also had a purpose - to discuss the community reaction to a company communication. This is just a dumb rhetorical question of a thread by users looking to complain with other users.

anon1
@ohioindemnity.com

anon1

Anon

Maybe those who voluntarily help shouldn't get so easily annoyed?

kpossible
Premium Member
join:2003-09-11

1 edit

kpossible to NuclearXP9

Premium Member

to NuclearXP9
Nuc, you are too much. I wasn't really asking for your help, I was using the paragraph as a way to state that there simply isn't any readily available help for this issue. There doesn't seem to be any available fix. Soooo, as I said and will say again, if enough people bring their issues to light, then maybe something can be done. If it sounds like complaining to you, so be it.

If your service is performing with stellar results, I'm glad. Mine isn't. It is also true of others. Some of these folks have expressed their concern to WOW. Some don't have the patience to wait on hold. Some just accept service the way it comes to them because they are afraid of complaining and confrontation.

I don't believe that anyone is here "just to complain and whine." That doesn't make any sense. These people, as well as myself, have genuine issues that aren't getting solved (or addressed) for one reason or another.
player2
join:2012-11-08

player2 to NuclearXP9

to NuclearXP9
said by NuclearXP9:

This is just a dumb rhetorical question of a thread by users looking to complain with other users.

Posts don't have to be questions with answers. Who are you to say that something is dumb? Judgemental much? We all want FIXES.
NuclearXP9
join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

NuclearXP9 to anon1

to anon1
quote:
Maybe those who voluntarily help shouldn't get so easily annoyed?
You're absolutely right. Keep complaining to those that agree with you and knocking me for trying to get people reoriented at being productive rather than whiny forum posters. Clearly you are getting good results doing things the way you are now. My cable and internet works just fine - I peruse to see if I can help but taking shots at me because you're bitter about your service only shoots yourself in the foot. Everyone wants to vent but when 8 out of the 10 most recent posts here lately have been whining about the call centers - that produces no results. Everyone knows they're down, everyone is frustrated.

jim23
@ohioindemnity.com

jim23

Anon

That's a wonderful argument, the call centers are down and everyone knows, so lets just all be happy... It seems to me that you started this rant several posts ago, not us.

The call centers have been down for over 5 weeks, where are the updates from WOW? Their website has the same worthless message that it has had since day one of this fiasco. We all just want answers and 5 weeks is too long to wait.

I have a hard time understanding why you feel that you need to complain about others complaining? Just ignore all of us if you are happy and let us vent. It would be easy for WOW to give us some additional updates via email / website but they choose not to do that.

kpossible
Premium Member
join:2003-09-11

1 edit

kpossible to NuclearXP9

Premium Member

to NuclearXP9
said by NuclearXP9:

Keep complaining to those that agree with you and knocking me for trying to get people reoriented at being productive rather than whiny forum posters.

Just to "start over", please, in all sincerity, in keeping with the good will of this holiday season, I'd like to address this calmly. May I point out that you knocked first? No one actually wants to complain. Please understand that. I am certain that reorientation would be more than welcomed.
said by NuclearXP9:

Clearly you are getting good results doing things the way you are now.

Of course not, there haven't been good results doing things any way. I can only speak for myself, but I've been calling and trying to work with various levels of management for four months. It has been difficult getting them to understand that there is an evening internet problem in this area. I have changed modems twice, changed routers twice and had my entire house rewired, from top to bottom. Because the techs are only readily available during regular business hours, it's difficult to encourage them to run a hot drop outside at ten in the evening.
said by NuclearXP9:

My cable and internet works just fine - I peruse to see if I can help but taking shots at me because you're bitter about your service only shoots yourself in the foot.

Seriously, I cannot be happier for you that your services are working well. If I thought that you could help, I'd BEG you and pay you to come and look it over. If I had an expert opinion (yours) to offer the folks at WOW, I would hope that it would carry some weight. Unfortunately, recognition of the problem comes first. After months of dropped communication (not mine), changing providers (after more than 10 years), returning because the other was no better, and just now finally getting some recognition (vaguely) that there is a problem, I am exhausted.
said by NuclearXP9:

Everyone wants to vent but when 8 out of the 10 most recent posts here lately have been whining about the call centers - that produces no results. Everyone knows they're down, everyone is frustrated.

I don't mind waiting on hold. Now, my husband is an entirely different story I am not a call center "whiner."

You're right, everybody wants to "vent." I really think that in most cases it comes down to commiseration over shared difficulties. When you've been told over and over again that your problem is solved, but you're in your home every day, and you see that it is not, it's hard. Some people don't have another choice, as it is up to their local government or municipality to decide who to offer in their areas.

I, personally had extreme difficulty watching a religious service this morning, as the picture kept "freezing," then breaking up, then the audio would "stutter" and go out briefly. This happens all day on all televisions.

I'm truly sorry that the frustration and commiseration that posters are voicing is causing unrest in you. We (again, speaking for myself) just want to keep the issues ar the forefront. If it's not at the call center, or local management, then it seemed like a logical place to come here and say, "My internet is out in the Cleveland area. Anyone else?" or "Digital breakup is particularily troublesome on stations abc and xyz tonight? You too?"

I come in peace. I hope that you and your family continue to enjoy your services and have a safe holiday!
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to jim23

to jim23
said by jim23 :

The call centers have been down for over 5 weeks, where are the updates from WOW? Their website has the same worthless message that it has had since day one of this fiasco. We all just want answers and 5 weeks is too long to wait.

I hope I'm wrong but maybe this is the new normal. A new phone system causing this for five weeks just doesn't seem plausible.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

Just_Dan

Premium Member

The long hold times currently are only temporary. Everyone is working as hard as they can to fix any issues and to get hold times back to a normal level. If you have a technical question that I might be able to help with, please feel free to send it to me in a private message and I will respond to everyone when I have a chance. I am unable to assist with billing issues, changes of service, and setting up trouble calls to name a few things, but I will do my best to help out with whatever I can. I am not able to check in every day though, so please be patient if I don't respond right away, it might take a few days for me to get your messages.
davidn50
join:2002-01-05
Madison Heights, MI

davidn50

I would consider a day or two only temporary. It's been about FIVE weeks now with the outrageous hold times.