Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

1 recommendation

ebgbjo to danawhitaker

Premium Member

to danawhitaker

Re: WiiU has no digital optical sound port!

That may be true, but you can't expect the video game makers to supply everything in one system, especially as cheap as 300-350$

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

$300-$350 cheap? And that is with out a game other then the pack in with the deluxe model. For the majority and in these tough times. That is a lot of money right now. Its a lot period actually. Unless you are rich, live comfortable or very successful in life. Then sure that is "cheap" and chump change.
said by ebgbjo:

That may be true, but you can't expect the video game makers to supply everything in one system, especially as cheap as 300-350$

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

1 edit

danawhitaker

Premium Member

said by KoRnGtL15:

$300-$350 cheap? And that is with out a game other then the pack in with the deluxe model. For the majority and in these tough times. That is a lot of money right now. Its a lot period actually. Unless you are rich, live comfortable or very successful in life. Then sure that is "cheap" and chump change.

said by ebgbjo:

Considering that the lifespan of the average game system seems to be, what 4-7 years, in terms of how long it's developed for (and not just how long the hardware actually lasts) that's not a terribly expensive cost of ownership over that period of time. It seems lately when it comes to almost anything in the electronics realm, that has become cheap. I know people who easily blow more more than that in a month just from eating out a lot and buying coffee every morning.

I ended up ordering one for my daughter for Christmas, and two games. Yeah, it's not "cheap" - but it's an investment that's going to last for years, it's something that we can do together as a family, and it will provide a lot of entertainment and some great memories. Our local library even rents games at no cost, and it's backwards compatible with Wii games, so that's a whole other library of games that is accessible at a significantly reduced cost.

It's certainly a lot cheaper than most of the smartphones with 2 year contracts I see people running around with these days. I don't think you have to be "rich" to spend $350 on a game system every 4+ years or so. Despite an initial high buy-in, it's one of the cheapest forms of entertainment I've found over time compared to going to movies, concerts, out to bars, etc. I remember my parents grumbling about buying me a Super Nintendo when I was in 7th grade, but I've owned that for almost 20 years now. Even when you add the cost of games into the equation, when you consider the number of hours of playtime you get out of the average game, especially across multiple people in the household...