share rss forum feed

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

Bill per Viewer?

How long until the MPAA pushes for this tech to be required in STBs I wonder. I am sure they would love to have PPV be not just a flat 4-5 bucks but be 4-5 bucks per viewer, with scans every 15min and then a viewer number average billed at the end so that nobody can cheat their system by ordering with only one person in the room.

Okay its not really likely but I cannot say I would be surprised if the thought crossed their minds.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

tlylework

@steadfastdns.net

?? What's the big deal? Can't you just put a piece of tape over the camera, unhook the mic?

Think is I cannot wait till you hear a story about these being hacked and spied upon by pervs.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to Kearnstd

said by Kearnstd:

How long until the MPAA pushes for this tech to be required in STBs I wonder. I am sure they would love to have PPV be not just a flat 4-5 bucks but be 4-5 bucks per viewer, with scans every 15min and then a viewer number average billed at the end so that nobody can cheat their system by ordering with only one person in the room.

Okay its not really likely but I cannot say I would be surprised if the thought crossed their minds.

well what about systems with a 1 master box and a dumb box at each tv that don't have any tech other then hdmi out and remote in + a network link?