All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ScottFL
@bhn.net

ScottFL

Anon

[CFL] [CFL] Port blocking or NATing with Turbo?

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Turbo and since I have not been able to remotely SSH back into my home network. When I traceroute back to the IP of my router, the trace dies at :
ten3-0-0.orld28-cts1.bhn.net (72.31.195.27)

If I try to ping the IP of my router I get a 100% packet loss. A portscan reports all ports are filtered.

Finally, I can create a reverse ssh tunnel which works.

Thoughts/Ideas?

- Scott
rabeatz
join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL

rabeatz

When you upgraded, did you get a new modem? Perhaps the modem you have now has an NAT in it as well and you need to bridge it or set up port forwards in the modem as well.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ScottFL

Premium Member

to ScottFL
Make and model of modem and do you have a router behind the modem is well?

ScottFL
@bhn.net

ScottFL to rabeatz

Anon

to rabeatz

Re: [CFL] Port blocking or NATing with Turbo?

The modem was not changed. I have had this modem for about a year and port forwarding was working correctly with it before.

I'll check the make and model of the modem when I get home.

Thanks for the quick response.

- Scott
ScottFL
join:2012-12-03
Satellite Beach, FL

ScottFL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
The modem is a Scientific Atlanta model DPX2203C. Behind that I have an Asus WL-500G running dd-WRT version v24-sp2 (mega)

On the router I have Port Forwarding enabled from port 22 to my desktop ( Running Ubuntu ) also port 22.

I have verified that ssh is running locally and I can connect from other ( local ) machines.

I have tried rebooting everything, and also added an additional port forward for 8022, in the event that 22 was being handled specially. None of that seems to have made any difference.

Any help is appreciated.

- Scott
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ScottFL

Premium Member

to ScottFL

Re: [CFL] [CFL] Port blocking or NATing with Turbo?

Well to clear it up at least from our side....we aren't blocking anything and I don't remember the 2203 being a gateway but I'll check real quick just to be sure which means your problem is inward beyond the modem.
ScottFL
join:2012-12-03
Satellite Beach, FL

ScottFL

I figured it out. It appears that only one nic port on my router can be port forwarded to. I tried them all till I figured out which was the correct one and it is working correctly now.

I checked the dd-WRT configuration and don't see any special configuration for this one port. The VLAN's page looked promising, but I didn't really see anything of note.

In any event, it is working now. No problem on the BHN side, it was all internal.

Thanks for your time.

- Scott
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ScottFL

Premium Member

to ScottFL