ecoalex

join:2012-12-02
San Andreas, CA
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

Hughes Speed Test 125Kps Sunday Nite

Hughes Gen 4 Beam 19

I use :Linux Mint 11 Firefox 13

Morning speeds 7-9Mbs Nite speeds (after 6Pm) below 1 Mbs consistantly.

It is so hear warming to see Gen 4 ads on the Tv The service will degrade to 0 kps

Last nite was the worst so far. The Hughes speed test took minutes to perform one test.
My post in the Hughes Community forum was deleted,the Hughes Moderator explained.....
Hughes: "ecoalex, you are working with our highest level of support. If you need assistance give us a call. In an effort to keep this conversation focused towards resolutions I took the liberty of removing your post. Thanks, (Mod deleted)

In talking to tech support,I get this "in your contract,it says you will see slow performance from heavy usage".

So it is in our contract to expect dial-up speeds due to heavy usage.

The Hughes song and dance > you are working with our highest level of support. If you need assistance give us a call.

When you call,you are told the heavy usage song.

Round and round it goes,I don't expect any resolution of painfully slow inter in evenings,and unusable Sunday nites.

It's in the contract.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

I am surprised they did not say ¨Linux Mint is not an officially supported operating system¨ and blame the poor performance on that. It seems to be a common industry excuse these days despite being simply a lame excuse for ¨we don´t know anything about Linux, so that must be the problem.¨

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

said by silbaco:

we don´t know anything about Linux, so that must be the problem.¨

Maybe that's because they don't know anything about Linux.. I can't judge though since i don't know Linux like some of you do.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
reply to ecoalex

That is Hughesnet for ya.
Some poor guy over there posted asking for a comparison between HN7000s Pro-Plus and Gen4.

The official response was "post a case number" so we can look into your account.

WTF ?

silbaco
Premium
USA
reply to diablo1892

said by diablo1892:

said by silbaco:

we don´t know anything about Linux, so that must be the problem.¨

Maybe that's because they don't know anything about Linux.. I can't judge though since i don't know Linux like some of you do.

Not knowing Linux should not be an excuse however. If they do not know Linux, they should be able to forward you on to someone who does.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to gwalk

said by gwalk:

That is Hughesnet for ya.
Some poor guy over there posted asking for a comparison between HN7000s Pro-Plus and Gen4.

The official response was "post a case number" so we can look into your account.

WTF ?

To help verify who is asking? I think HN is starting to turn into some kinda verifying website like steam has with there players accounts, how it works is if you login to your steam account from a new/different pc, you will need to do a couple verifications so it proves to steam that your the official owner of that account.. If this what HN will begin to do, i think some customers might just loose there head and go insane.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to ecoalex

these HNG4 moron CSRs are making my blood boil.. Heavy usage?!? WTF are they talking about??

Their competitor, Exede has had at least a 6 month lead on them with subscribers and when I had Exede12, I never saw the degraded bandwidth issue.. Had the DNS/DHCP issue, but that was infrequent.

This crap that's going on with HNG4 is inexcusable. Looks to me they did alot of cutting corners in rolling out the service. The web acceleration software is complete crap. And the bandwidth getting eaten up after only being live for a little over 2 months is a crock!!

I seriously doubt it's a bandwidth limitation on the satellite. It's all ground based.. Probably using 10baseT coax as their backbone to the internet.

There's no damn way they've eaten up 130Gbps of bandwidth on the satellite, unless they have fractionalized it for other purposes and are only using 30Gbps for the actual HNG4 service..while using the other 100Gbps for something else?!?

East Texas

@suddenlink.net

Can I ask why TexasRebel did you switch from wildblue to hughesnet? I'm thinking about switching from HN to WB. I've had able all of this I can stand and I've only had it for 6 weeks.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

They terminated my account after I raised hell on their WildBlueWorld forum regarding enforcing the DAP and LNFZ issues. They considered me a threat and terminated my account. They waived the termination fee and last month of service fee. I guess I really scared the crap out of them..

Maybe I should do the same to Hughesnet to get out of their stupid contract.

silbaco
Premium
USA

said by TexasRebel:

They terminated my account after I raised hell on their WildBlueWorld forum regarding enforcing the DAP and LNFZ issues. They considered me a threat and terminated my account. They waived the termination fee and last month of service fee. I guess I really scared the crap out of them..

Maybe I should do the same to Hughesnet to get out of their stupid contract.

HomeFusion is not yet available in your area right? I would wait until then.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

according to Verizon, it is available in my area. Costs $100 for them to install it. I'm going to wait til the end of year and see how bad HNG4 gets. Probably within the first of the year I'll dump HN if this crap continues..